- 1/2 pkg. puff pastry, thawed (from a 397g pack) (or 1/6 of this recipe)
- egg wash (1 egg yolk + 1 Tbsp. water)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 170g deli ham (approx. 11 slices)
- Roll pastry out to a 14x10 inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise, so that you have two sheets 14x5 inches. Brush egg wash over both halves.
- Sprinkle 3 Tbsp. parmesan and cayenne over one pastry sheet. Layer ham evenly on top, leaving a little bit of a border on all sides.
- Place other pastry sheet, egg side down over top of ham. Seal edges by pressing down with rolling pin. Brush top with egg wash.
- Roll up starting at a long side to form a 14 inch log. Press down to seal seam.
- Cut log into 24 (1/2 inch) pieces. Place cut side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with more egg wash and sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. cheese.
- Bake at 400ºF (200ºC) for 12 -14 min. until golden brown.
Makes: 24 appetizers
* These are great served warm or at room temperature.
** You can make these ahead and store them in the freezer. Either wrap them up as the log and freeze. Then to serve defrost in the fridge, slice and proceed with the recipe. Or you can slice them, place them on a lined baking sheet until frozen and store them in a plastic bag. This way you can bake them from frozen making sure to egg wash and sprinkle them with parmesan before baking.