- 600g pckg. frozen cranberries, thawed (or fresh if you prefer)
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Place the cranberries and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to med. heat and cover loosely. Simmer 10 min. until the cranberries have burst.
- Strain through a colander lined with cheesecloth. Resist the urge to press on the fruit to extract more juices.
- Pour the strained juice back into the sauce pan and add sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 min.
- Let cool to room temperature before cooling the the fridge.
* I did not have cheesecloth at the time so I used a sturdy paper towel.. just don't use too much as it soaks up the juices and you do not want any juice to go to waste. :)
** The amount of sugar needed may vary depending on your taste and the sweetness of the berries. If you think you may prefer it more tart start with 1/2 cup and work your way up.
*** A great way to make this juice stretch further is to serve it half and half with ginger-ale.