- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- A handful of chopped fresh basil
- Butterfly chicken and pound very thin (1/4 inch). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer prosciutto, cheese and a sprinkling of basil on top.
- Roll up lengthwise and secure with toothpicks or baking twine. *
- Preheat a large pan over med-high heat. Add some oil and sear the chicken on all sides until crisp. (Do not cook through this is only to get the outside crispy)
- Place in a 9x13 pan and bake for 15 min at 425ºF (220ºC), or until chicken is cooked through.
* When I am just making this for my family I do not bother with the toothpicks or twine. I just wrap it up and stick it in the pan seam side down first so that it sears shut.
** Slice the chicken at a sharp angle for a pretty presentation.