from Kitchen Simplicity
- 5 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 cups blackberries, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar, for topping
- Cream butter and sugar until well blended. Add vanilla, then egg, then milk, beating well between additions.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into batter and mix well. Stir in lime zest.
- Pour batter into well-greased 9x13 pan (I used a 10 inch round). Place half the blackberries on top of batter. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes. Remove from oven (it will not be set). The blackberries will have sunken to the bottom. Sprinkle remaining blueberries over top and place back in the oven.
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes, until the cake tests done with a toothpick. Let cool before cutting.
- Dust with icing sugar or top with whipped cream (or lime cream) to serve.