*Recipe from Taste of Home via Pinterest
1 1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1. To crush your peppermint candy, place in a zip top bag and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet or hammer or anything that will crush them.
2. Line a 9 inch square pan with aluminum foil and grease with the 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter, and set aside. You don't need to use all of the butter.
3. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the remaining butter with the sour cream and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil, cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234 degrees (soft ball stage), about 5 minutes.
4. Remove pan from heat and add the marshmallow creme and the white chocolate. Stir until melted and well combined. Fold in the peppermint candy and extract.
5. Pour into the prepared pan. Chill in refrigerator until firm. Using foil, lift fudge from pan. Gently peel off foil. Cut fudge into 1-inch squares. Store in the refrigerator. Makes 2 pounds.