*Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
*Makes 1 dozen muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup shredded zucchini
3/4 cup fat-free milk (or low fat)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, grated lemon, and salt.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the zucchini, milk, oil, and egg.
3. Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
4. Spoon batter into cupcake tins lined with paper muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until they spring back when touched lightly in the center.
5. Immediately move cooked muffins from tins to wire cooling racks.