*Recipe by Grandma (Betty Hall)
1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter or shortening
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips (milk chocolate)
1. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Separately cream butter or shortening, gradually add sugar. Cream until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs one at a time beating 1 minute between each addition. Add milk and vanilla and mix well.
3. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix well.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before spreading chocolate frosting between 2 cookies sandwich style.
5. To make the frosting, combine in a medium saucepan the sugar, margarine, milk and vanilla. Heat to a boil, and boil for one minute. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Frost between 2 cookies.