Time: 1 Hour
Yeild: 24 Cupcakes
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
1 box French vanilla or yellow cake mix
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with festive paper liners.
2. Follow box instructions, putting all ingredients in a large bowl and using the buttermilk in place of the water specified (the box will call for more water than the buttermilk you are using). Use the amounts of egg and oil specified above and add everything above to the bowl. Beat until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Fill the liners evenly, about 2/3 of the way full. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes.
4. Cool on wire racks.
5. After cupcakes have cooled completely get ready to decorate.
You will need:
Frosting of choice (I made Buttercream but cream cheese frosting would taste great)
Orange food coloring
12 Candy Corns
6 Oreo Cookies (Halloween colored if you can find them)
Piping tips #12 and #21
6. For the candy corn cupcakes I used the #12 tip and first frosted with the orange frosting. Then top it with some white frosting. This creates the yellow, orange, white colors like the candy corn. Top each cupcake with a candy corn.
7. For the Oreo cupcakes, frost with tip #21 and orange frosting. Cut each Oreo cookie in half and top each cupcake with a half of and Oreo.