*Recipe from Betty Hall
1/2 cup butter or shortening (I used butter)
1 cup sugar
7 tablespoons sour cream
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Mash the bananas and beat into the bananas the eggs and sour cream.
3. In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
4. To the butter mixture, alternately add the banana mixture and flour mixture until all has been incorporated. If using nuts, fold them into the batter.
5. Pour into a lightly greased 8-in by 4-in pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.