*Recipe from Taste of Home
Recipe for Double-Crust Classic Pie Pastry or your favorite pie crust (9-inches)
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
2 cups fresh cranberries
Milk and additional sugar
1. First, prepare your pie crust according to the recipe you are using.
2. In a bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pie filling and cranberries. Mix well. Set aside.
3. Roll out dough for bottom pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Line the pie plate with the bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate.
Pour filling into crust.
4. Roll out remaining pastry to fit the top of pie. Cut slits in pastry or cut out shapes with cookie cutter. Place pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges.
5. Arrange shape cut-outs on pastry. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on wire rack.