2 lbs Mahi Mahi or Spanish Mackerel cut into slices that are 3 inches thick
1 medium bunch of parsley
1 green pepper
¼ cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons palm oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse out the fish under cold water to clean it out
- Layer the slices of fish in a big cooking pot
- Chop the onion, parsley, and ½ of the tomato into small cubes and spread it over the fish
- Drizzle the coconut milk and the palm oil over the fish and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the rest of the tomato into thin slices and add as the last layer of the dish.
- Cover the pot and cook over medium heat for 20-30 minutes. Don’t overcook otherwise the fish will start falling apart. You want the fish slices to stay firm when you serve.
- This dish is best served warm with rice.