- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 14 oz. can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 3 small potatoes diced
- 1 medium butternut squash cubed
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 14 oz. can mixed beans drained and rinsed
- 1 lbs medium sized frozen shrimp
- Heat the oil in a large sauce-pan over medium head. Add the onions, leek, and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until slightly softened.
- Add the tomatoes, potatoes, butternut squash, water, and stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the beans and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 40 minutes then add the frozen shrimp and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.