- 2 Salmon fillets (skin removed) figure 4 - 6 ounces per person
- 2 heaping tablespoons hoisin sauce - don't level
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon of fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove finely mined garlic
- a pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder mixed with a few drops water or 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to broil. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Mix glaze ingredients in a microwavable mixing bowl or cup.
- Mix wasabi cream ingredients together in small dish and set aside.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper both sides. Place on baking sheet. With a spoon*, drizzle glaze onto the salmon and using a brush, cover the surface with glaze.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes.
- Take out of oven and gently turn over. Again, drizzle glaze onto the other side of salmon, brush glaze to cover.
- Return to broiler for approximately 4-5 minutes, depending on thickness of the fillets.
- Microwave remaining glaze about 30 seconds until hot and gooey.
- Place salmon on a bed of rice. Drizzle glaze over top and drizzle with wasabi cream. Serve with stir fried vegetables.
* Do not put brush directly into the glaze. Use a clean spoon because any leftover glaze will be added after the salmon has finished cooking.