- 8 ounces cleaned, boiled, chilled, extra large shrimp**
- 1 Haas avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together lime juice, mayonnaise, dill and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add diced avocado and gently toss.
- Cut shrimp in half, making large bite-sized pieces.
- Add shrimp, onion and celery. Gently toss until shrimp and vegetables are coated with dressing.
- Chill and allow flavors to meld for 30 minutes.
Serve on a bed of greens or make a sandwich using a crusty bread like sourdough or baguette. If you use a baguette, hollow out the center, and fill with shrimp salad.
**You can purchase cleaned cooked shrimp or cook and clean your own. This is an excellent way to make boiled shrimp.