Shin guards: Shin guards are mandatory. The kids will not be permitted to participate without the guards and will be checked by the referees before each game. The guards should be worn on the inside of the socks.
Shoes: Sneakers or sport shoes. Baseball cleats are allowed, but the front cleat must be removed. No metal cleats are permitted.
Pants/Shorts: Wind pants, sweat pants or shorts are suggested. Jeans are not advised. KASL advises black for uniformity.
Soccer Ball: Check with your coach on the size soccer ball used for you child's level. Kids should try to bring their own ball to practice.
Parent Drink/Snack Schedule: A parent should volunteer for the snack schedule. The parent snack schedule should be distributed by the first game to rotate the game drinks and snacks. We try to bring primarily healthly drinks (no soda) and snacks (e.g. fruit, vegetables, fruit snacks, crackers, cookies, etc).
Other Useful Notes:
- Bring water bottle or other hydrating drink for games and practices.
- Earrings and jewelry should be removed for games/practices.
- Hoodies, long zippers, exposed snaps or other clothing that can be hooked or caught should be avoided.
- Long hair should be pulled up to avoid accidental pulling.
I HEREBY PLEDGE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT, CARE AND ENCOURAGEMENT FOR
MY CHILD PARTICIPATING IN KISKI AREA SOCCER BY FOLLOWING THIS
CODE OF ETHICS:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will provide support for coaches and officials working with my child to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a drug, alcohol and tobacco-free sports environment for my child and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for children and not adults.
- I will do my best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I will promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience within my personal constraints by assisting with coaching, being a respectful fan, providing transportation or whatever I am capable of doing.
- I will require that my child's coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a youth sports coach and that the coach agrees to the KASL Coaches' Code of Ethics.
Parents who violate the code may subject themselves and their children to a ban from the league.