- alt+shift+G: grab screenshot (screen flashes and a file is placed in your documents, visible when connected to the computer)
- alt+G: redraw display
- alt+DEL: delete all text in edit window
- alt+<space>: play/pause music. Also pauses spoken text function.
- alt+F: forward to next music track
- alt+<HOME> Go to Amazon Kindle storefront.
- alt+Z: scan for newly transferred items and add them to the home list
- alt+shift+M: Play minesweeper game
- 1..9<click>: Jumps to the given page number. Pressing the numerical key puts you in "search" mode, but the Kindle recognizes numbers as a 'go to page' command.
These are commands typed in the entry bar at the bottom (usually used for searching). Unfortunately, the Kindle 2 eliminated the dedicated '@' key, so you're stuck pressing another key to bring up the entry bar, deleting that key, then going to the symbol menu, selecting '@' ... not much of a shortcut!
Note: in the directions below, enter stuff inside the <> but do not enter the brackets themself.
- @help - displays a list of the @ commands
- @dict - brings up the dictionary that can be searched or browsed
- @print - goes to the Amazon store and searches for books with "print" in the title?
- @store <search term> - takes you to the Amazon store, searching on the given search term.
- @time - shows a window with the time and date
- @url <web address> - opens the browser and takes you right to a given address (don't type <>)
- @web <search term> - takes you to the web browser and does a Google search on whatever you typed
- @wiki - brings up the web browser and takes you to the general Wiki where you can search
- @wikipedia - same thing
- A: Shows image path, spins busy indicator, but don't know what it does. (v2.02)
- B,D,S??: Spins busy indicator, but doesn't seem to do anything. (v2.02)
- C: show picture in full resolution
- E: reset zoom
- F: show picture in full screen mode
- Q / W: zoom in / out
- R: rotate image
Note: the Kindle will read in large images, but after a few views, it appears to crash, requiring a reset.
- alt+SYM: start/stop reading aloud
- alt+shift+1 though 9: change line-spacing
- alt+B: set/reset bookmark
- alt+M: redraw display (v2.02). Anybody know what this does?
moved to another page