Adapted from Annie's Eats
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold, unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 12 Candy Cane Joe Joe's, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand or electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar, and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs to the butter mixture one at a time, making sure each one is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Add the cocoa powder into the mixture until throughly mixed together.
- Sift the rest of the dry ingredients together and add dry to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- With a spatula, stir in the chocolate chips and peppermint cookies until evenly combined.
- Roll the dough into rounded tablespoons and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten the tops of the dough balls slightly so they are flat on top.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, being sure not to over-bake.
Yield: About 28 cookies