The Bloggerings of Eric Kieft
We must protect this site! Under Armor!



About Me



Steve's Site

Google it!

Email me!

It's me.


  • Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 11:00 AM

So there I was, coming home last night, and I couldn't find a parking spot anywhere on the block.  I end up parking it on 31st St a block down the road.  This morning I come out to go to work and my right rear window is broken.  I open the door and the radio is gone and crap is all over the place.  This stereo sucked anyway so I don't care too much, but the window is going to be a bit.

So I call Connie at work and tell her I'll be late.  Then I call CPD and they ask if I want to do it over the phone or have someone come out there.  I tell them I'd rather have a cop come out there.

Then I wait for like 15 minutes and a cop finally drives by and she says, "Are you the one that called the cops?"

And I'm thinking, "What an idiot."  Because I gave them the make and model and color of the car and the exact location.  She drives downt the road, turns around and comes back to park.  She comes up and asks what happened.  I point out the blatently broken window and missing radio.

She asks for my license and insurance.  I give her my license, and she asks how long I've been living in Chicago because my license is a Michigan one.  Apparently 5 years is too long to live in Illinois without getting an Illinois license.  She tells me I have to get an Illinois license.  Then she takes my license and what I think is my insurance.  I can't really tell because there is crap all over the place.

The cop goes to her car for like 20 minutes and finally comes back and says, "You could have done this on the phone, we don't have to come out for this."  So apparently they dont really care.

Overall the total cost of the crap they stole was like 80 bucks though, it's just the window I'm worried about.  I go back into the apt and call the insurance company and they have a glass replacement hotline.  The guy tells me its going to be 250 to replace the little tiny window and it's supposed to take 1.5 hours.

At first I thought he quoted me the wrong window, but then I went on their website and it was about the same.  So that's what really pissed me off.

At 2 I got the window fixed for 270, but at least it only took 30 minutes and the guy vacuumed out all of the broken glass.  Then I got an oil change for another 25 dollars.  Good thing the tax return is coming soon.



  • Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 2:14 AM

I found out a couple days ago that my sister had her baby! :) She is happy and healthy and they are both doing fine.  Her name is Emerson Grace.  The adopting parents will get her today.  I'm kind of an uncle, but not really.  Either way I'm still happy for everyone.  I was going to go home this weekend to see both of them, but I would get there too late to see the baby and it's a long drive for only one night. 



  • Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 9:27 AM

So there I was, driving Alex and Keegan home from the house.  I drop off Alex and go to 31st street and head West.  I get to Keegans street and turn south and theres a cop car in the middle of the road.  It looks like a scene from cops.  So we drive past and Keegan says it's like that all the time at those apartments.  I drop Keegan off a few blocks down the street and turn around and go back North toward 31st.  I pass the cop car again on the other side and turn East on 31st to go back home.
So I'm driving along and I notice another cop car behind me so I kinda drive carefully, and they look like they are in a hurry.  So I kinda do a rolling stop, not even that bad.  And after they go through the stop sign, they shine their spot light on me.  I'm thinking "crap!"  Then they turn on their flashers.  Now I'm thinking "shit!"  I had a few beers at the house but nothing to make me intoxicated  I'm still worried about it though, because i have beer on my breath.
He comes up and asks for my license, and I give it to him and the other pig is standing at my other window, kind of like Super Troopers.  So I give it to him and then he asks me where I'm going.  I tell him I live up the street.  He asks where I'm coming from, and I say I was dropping off a friend.  Then he tells me to get out of the car.
So I get out and he says, "We saw you pass us back there a couple times."
I said, "Yeah, I was dropping off my friend and then turned around to come back and go home."
He said, "Did you know the person we were talking to back there?"
I said "No."
He said, "There's been a lot of gang activity lately over there so we have to be careful."
Then he asks if I have anything in the car they should know about and I say, "A few beers."
"None of them are open right?"
"Is there anything in your pockets we should know about?"
Then they have me put my hands up on the back of my car, and they frisk me, reach into my pockets and feel around.
Then he says, "Here's your license, you can go."



  • Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 11:51 AM

Went home for the holiday weekend with Mary.  Friday and Saturday we went to her parents' cottage in Michigan City.  Sunday we went to my Mom's cottage in Montague, MI.  Monday we went to Grand Haven with Dad.  Took lots of pictures.  I'll post links to those later.  Back to the new job in HR today.  It stinks to have to do real actual work.



  • Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 1:19 AM

Well Thursday night was bananas.  We all went out for Mary's 3rd birthday party.  Open bar for 25 dollars.  I always have to get my moneys worth from an open bar so I got plastered.  You can see the pictures in the 2 albums on Facebook.  I had my last day at my job today.  I didn't get in until 1130 and then I left at 3 because I was really really hungover.  Then I took a nap for 5 hours.  :)  Now Rich and Ash are doing it.  These walls are paper thin.



  • Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 3:37 PM

Last weekend we celebrated Rich's commisioning into the Navy.  We went out Friday night to Bar Chicago where they were taping a Girls Gone Wild video.  Not as exciting as I would have expected.  I saw one set of boobs twice.  That was about the only girl I saw going wild.  Then we all migrated to the Hunt Club, but since I didn't wear dressy shoes I couldn't get in.  Not a big deal, but didn't see that coming.  Then Saturday was continuous drinking and bbqing at the house.  Sunday was more drinking at the apartment while we played games.

Then Sunday night I went out with Mary and some friends to a bar for a bit.  Mary sang Sweet Home Alabama karaoke with Forbes.  Here's the video of that from my phone.  (You'll need RealPlayer to watch it.)  Monday night Mary's parents took 8 people out to the Canoe Club.  It was a very nice, very expensive place.  Then we went to a bar with midgets, but only one was working that night, and he mounted Mary to give her a birthday shot.

Other than that, it was a pretty uneventful weekend.  I start my new job in 2 days.  I'm so ready to get working back in HR.



  • Friday, May 12, 2006 - 10:11 AM

Finals are done.  I think I got a new job in HR.  Made a website to Find Nirmal a Wife.  Went shopping last night with MaryRich is getting commissioned into the Navy as an Ensign.  Celebrations all weekend for that.  Mary's birthday is coming up soon.  Still don't know what to get her.  That's about it for this week.  Kind of boring, I know.



  • Thursday, May 4, 2006 - 3:06 PM

This week has been so busy so far, I haven't had a chance to update until today.  Last weekend, Mary and I went to Michigan for a day.  While we were there we went to Grand Haven with my Dad and little brother, Ian.  After that we went to Chris' house and saw Chris, Bruce, Dan, Aaron and Carl.  Not much time to spend there since we had to drive back that night.

We stopped at the Lion's Den on the way back.  It's advertised on multiple billboards as an "Adult Superstore."  We decided that since we didn't have to rush back we would see what the fuss was all about.  We got there and expected to see a Superstore!, but all we saw was a dark, scary building with a few cars in front so we decided not to go in.

After that we stopped to get gas and ate at Damon's.  They had the trivia game there and needless to say, I beat Mary.  She was not happy with that since she's so competitive.  After that we headed home and got to bed pretty late.

Also this week I got a parking ticket which I will fight, went to a day long communication skills workshop, and tomorrow I'm taking the day off for IPRO day.  I cannot wait until next Tuesday.  Final exam Tuesday morning, then I'm done for the semester.



Earlier Entries:
April 2006