Here is our collection of the best videos and other educational sources relating to how things work.
- makemagazine.com - A magazine devoted to Do-it-yourself-ers. They often have good projects that parents and kids would enjoy doing together
- http://www.nutsvolts.com/ -A magazine for kids who like to build electrical stuff. Recommended by one of our volunteers whose kids love it.
- http://science.howstuffworks.com/ - A good resource to give descriptions on topics like, how do speakers work; how do LED's work, radios, cars, you name it.
- http://www.ldraw.org/ - Lego draw, an introduction to Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) for kids. Build your lego creations on the computer and try them out before you build.
- http://sketchup.google.com/ - Another free source CAD program. Build anything you can imagine using computer drafting skills.
- Instructables.com - A website where home DIY-ers can post instructions on how to create their favorite projects.
The Differential Gear Explained
A Wind up Watch with lots of gears