Interested in Hunters/Jumpers?
- Are you interested in knowing more about Hunters/Jumpers?
- Are you wanting to get involved in this sport?
- Are you new to the area and want to find out more about Hunter/Jumper activity in the area?
- Are you wanting to find out more about KHJA?
- 1:30-3:30pm: 2'6
- 3:45-5:45pm: 3'
- 6-8pm: 3'+
- 8-10am: 2'6
- 10:15-12:15pm: 3'
- 12:45-2:45pm: 3'+
Spots still available
For more information contact Zonna Hoffman firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the shows in 2017.
Get ready for the new show season now! Fill out the membership and horse registration forms and send them into the points secretary.
The first show of the season is fast approaching! K&K Shows will have a 3 day event March 10-12. The prize list is available here.
If you would like to make advanced hotel reservations at the Capitol Plaza Hotel, you can use this link http://bookings.ihotelier.com/bookings.jsp?groupID=1766696&hotelID=13576
OR, If you choose to make reservations at their website www.capitolplazahoteltopeka.com. Click on “Reservations” and you will be redirected to reservations page. Select “Group Code” and enter code KSHJA for the discounted rate. Once the code is entered, you will be able to select the dates and book your reservation.
OR, call the hotel directly at (800) 579-7937 (please mention you are part of Kansas Hunter Jumper Association or group code KSHJA).
The KHJA Board would like to reiterate rule changes that have been posted in previous newsletters, which are archived at Newsletters.
- If a facility fee is charged at a show, it must be charged to each entry.
- The use of Show Pro and electronic timers is STRONGLY encouraged during the 2016 show season. It will be mandatory in 2017.
- Electronic timer deposits are no longer required.
- A professional may not ride a pony in the Pony Hunter division.
- Riders must attend a minimum of 3 KHJA shows to be eligible for year-end awards.
- Once a rider wins a year-end Medal final twice, they are not eligible for that Medal class for a 3-year time period.
- Once a rider has won the 3’ Medal final or cumulative award twice, that rider may not return to the 2’6” Medal class on any horse. If a rider wins 1st or 2nd place in the 3' Medal class during the show season, they may not go back to the 2’6” Medal class for the remainder of the show season.
- There will be two sets of awards given each year for each KHJA Medal class: year-end medal awards based on cumulative points and awards based on the KHJA Medal Final placings at the year-end show.
- KHJA Trainers/Barns - has been added to the website. If you are a trainer or barn in the area and would like to be included on this list please contact me at email@example.com. You must be a current member of KHJA to be included.
- If you have an interest in learning more about hunters/jumpers, please contact a KHJA trainer close to you. They will be excited to here from you and will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Follow us on Facebook
For further information please contact our Membership/Points Secretary:
5721 NW Humphrey Rd
Topeka, KS 66618