Interested in Hunters/Jumpers?
- Are you interested in knowing more about Hunters/Jumpers?
- Are you wanting to get involved in this sport?
- Are you new to the area and want to find out more about Hunter/Jumper activity in the area?
- Are you wanting to find out more about KHJA?
At the January meeting, the KHJA board went over the rulebook as we traditionally do. There was a great deal of good discussion involving multiple rule changes.
The board voted on several rule changes and agreed that the rule changes below will benefit both members and horses alike:
- A professional may not ride a pony in the Pony Hunter division. Junior and Amateur riders are both eligible to show ponies in the Pony Hunter division.
- Riders must show in a minimum of three (3) KHJA shows to be eligible for year-end awards.
- For the KHJA Medal:
- Once a rider wins a year-end Medal final twice, they are not eligible for that Medal class for a 3-year time period.
- Once a rider has won the 3’ Medal final or cumulative award twice, that rider may not return to the 2’6” Medal class on any horse. If a rider wins 1st or 2nd place in the 3’ Medal class during the show season, they may not go back to the 2’6” Medal class for the remainder of the show season.
- There will be two sets of awards given each year for each KHJA Medal class:
- Year-end medal awards based on cumulative points and
- Awards based on the KHJA Medal Final placings at the year-end show.
- A new link - KHJA Trainers/Barns - has been added to the website. If you are a trainer or barn in the area and would like to be included on this list please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be a current member of KHJA to be included.
- If you have an interest in learning more about hunters/jumpers, please contact a KHJA trainer close to you. They will be excited to here from you and will be happy to share their knowledge and expertise.
The KHJA Resource Library is now available for KHJA members use. The library currently has four DVD series available to check out. Additional books and DVD's will be added in the future. This is a service of the association and is available free to KHJA members. For additional information please contact our library coordinator Alaine Hudlin at email@example.com or (913) 680-5149.
Here is the 2015 Spring KHJA Newsletter:
Follow us on Facebook
For further information please contact our Membership/Points Secretary:
5721 NW Humphrey Rd
Topeka, KS 66618