- Any deep scratch on a car's paintwork. The name comes from the practice of vandals using a key to cause deep scratches on cars. Key Scratches can sometimes be reduced or repaired using Paintwork Correction and Cosmetic Repair. Otherwise they will require a Midi-Repair.
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- the act of putting something in working order again
- monetary value: the property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold); "the fluctuating monetary value of gold and silver"; "he puts a high price on his services"; "he couldn't calculate the cost of the collection"
- (of an object or an action) Require the payment of (a specified sum of money) before it can be acquired or done
- Cause the loss of
- Involve (someone) in (an effort or unpleasant action)
- the total spent for goods or services including money and time and labor
- be priced at; "These shoes cost $100"
key scratch repair cost - Speck Products
Speck Products CandyShell Glossy Case for iPhone 4/4S - 1 Pack - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - White/Aubergine
Never before has the flexibility and protection of a soft rubberized case been combined with the durability and scratch protection of a sleek hard shell in a seamless single-piece design. CandyShell's soft, colorful rubberized interior keeps your iPhone 4S insulated from life's bumps and knocks, while the shiny outer hard shell protects it from scratches and lets you slip it in and out of pockets easily.Founded in 2001, (with cases for the original iPod and the iSport, an iPod fanny pack with blinking lights) Speck has grown to become a worldwide leader in cases and bags for iPhone, MacBook, BlackBerry, iPad and tons of other personal electronic devices. But they're not a monolithic corporate entity: they're gadget geeks. Speck makes the sort of fun, functional, stylish cases that they’d want protecting their own gear—or, for that matter, their kids' and grandparents' gear.From concept to design to finished product, Speck puts their hearts, smarts, and guts into everything they do. Their downtown Palo Alto, California headquarters is often messy, always bustling, and filled with a crew of dedicated (dare we say obsessed) folks who really know their stuff. About a quarter of the company is in the product development group, and 100% of their products are designed and quality-tested in-house.One-of-a-kind design; seamless hard shell case with soft, rubberized interior lining.
Keys made from scratch in mild steel and brass. The one on the right is for my workshop/garage.
I should probably look into a proper model