Welcome to Cottingham Methodist Church!

Sunday Evening Worship - 6 pm

The first Methodist Church in Cottingham was erected in 1808, and this building is now the Hall and used for social functions and is hired out to a number of organisation in the village, as well  being used for Pensioners’ lunches.

2008 marked the 200th Anniversary of Methodism in Cottingham. This was celebrated with a number of special events including concerts, a Flower Festival in July, the return of several former ministers, and the highlight of the year was a visit from the President of Conference on June 22nd.

Although membership is only 18, mostly elderly folk, the Church has a core of people who work tirelessly to keep Methodism alive and well in Cottingham. Anyone attending services or events in this Methodist Church is assured of a warm welcome.

The Church building is typical of mid-eighteen hundreds with a balcony and the pulpit having pride of place. The pipe organ is supposedly a fine example of the organs of village chapels in the mid-nineteenth century.

The church is situated on the Corby Road, Cottingham.

Address & Location
Corby Rd
Cottingham
Market Harborough
LE16 8XH

Cottingham Methodist Church