- [DSMC] Consumable bits and pieces, that is, individual parts or non-repairable assemblies, required for the repair of spare parts or major end items.
- Köhler is a German surname and may refer to: *August Köhler, microscopist and inventor of the Köhler illumination *Benjamin Köhler, football player *Ernesto Köhler, flute player and composer *Eva Köhler, First Lady of Germany *Georges J. F.
- A machine with moving parts that converts power into motion
- locomotive: a wheeled vehicle consisting of a self-propelled engine that is used to draw trains along railway tracks
- motor that converts thermal energy to mechanical work
- A railroad locomotive
- A thing that is the agent or instrument of a particular process
- something used to achieve a purpose; "an engine of change"
Mid-19th Century Horse-Drawn Fire Engine
My visit to the London Fire Brigade Museum was a curious one. The museum is not open to the general public and visits to the museum must be made by appointment. As such, the museum is rarely mentioned in tourist literature. I discovered this museum prior to my departure from Toronto by accident. To my pleasant surprise, the museum curators were more than happy to book an appointment for me.
Shown here is a horse-drawn fire engine dating from the mid-1800s. London's fire-fighting force was known as the Metropolitan Fire Brigade between 1866 and 1904, when it adopted the current name of London Fire Brigade.