Kentish Folk Clubs Always expect excellent music - and do not be too surprised if the artists are just back from or on their way to headlining at a major music venue - some remarkably good music at these Kent Folk Clubs :
- Friday Folk Club, Deal: Royal Marines Association (RMA Club), Deal (opposite the bandstand on Walmer Green). - meet every Friday in the upstairs room from 8.15 - 11pm.
More details and events also at Deal-Friday-Folk.Team.KentFolk .
- Folk At The Drum: Held in The Drum, North Stanford just off Stone Street which is just North of the Hythe Exit from the M20. TN25 6DN - meets every Thursday from 8.00 - 11pm.
Includes the old White Hart Folk from Hythe.
Contact : David Pleasants, 01797 320 518
More details and events also at Drum-Folk-Club.Team.KentFolk .
- Egerton Folk Club: at the 'Mundy Bois', Mundy Bois Road, Pluckley. - meet last tuesday of every month from 8.15 - 11pm.
For information ring Martin Ledner 01233 841814 or email : email@example.com
- Faversham Folk Club : The Chimney Boy, Preston St., Faversham. - regular every Wednesday @ 8.00 for 8.30 pm.
Info: Alan Cole 01795 531 649,
Info & Bookings: Andy Pigg 01843 866 754 e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
More details and events also at Faversham-Folk-Club.Team.KentFolk .
- Fordwich Folk : Fordwich Folk Club is now again meeting in the bar at the Fordwich Arms, King Street, Fordwich, Nr. Canterbury, on the first Sunday of each month, at about 8.30pm.
Not currently running....
- Fordwich Country and Blues : Fordwich C&B Club meet in the bar at the Fordwich Arms, King Street, Fordwich, Nr. Canterbury, on the second and fourth and fifth Sundays of each month, at about 8.30pm. Come and play, come and listen ...
An acoustic club, most meetings being singers nights/come all ye's/open stage.
- Fox and Hounds Folk Club: Romney St., Knatts Valley, nr. Eynsford, Sevenoaks, Kent. TN15 6XR - every monday night from 8pm.
- Frittenden Sessions: trad and old fashioned sesseions each last Sunday of the month from September to May. Held at the Bell & Jorrocks pub at the centre of Frittenden from 8pm until it's time to sing Nellie Dean. See http://frittendenfestival.com/sessions/ for information.
- The Good Intent : John Street, Rochester, Kent. ME1 1YL - first and third Tuesdays of the month from 8.30 to 11.00
- Island Folk : based upstairs at the Bradstow Mill, 125, High Street, Broadstairs, Kent, CT10 1NG, on the last Monday of each month, at 7.30 for 8.00pm.
The intention is to provide quality (mainly) acoustic music across a wide spectrum including folk, blues, ethnic, americana, etc. Now no more, I regret.
- The Old House at Home :
Pudding Lane, Maidstone. ME14 1LN
"Great music, great atmosphere and all welcome." But I am told that this has now ended (Burned down !).
Enquiries:- 01634 244 213
- Orpington Folk Club :
the 'Change of Horses', Farnborough High Street, Orpington, Kent. BR6 7BB
Orpington Folk Music and Song Club exists to promote folk music and song. Every Thursday evening starting at 8:15pm.
Venue Tel: 01689 852949.
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Organisers Tel: Ted Handley : 020 8325 6513, Steve Jennings : 01959 532 754, Ivan North : 01689 870 197,
- Shipwrights' Arms Folk :
Welcomes you to another summer season of ‘Open Stage’ afternoons for folk/Blues musicians and singers supported by Folk Band WATERSHED.
Hollow Shore, Ham Road, Faversham. Enquiries:-Derek (at the pub) 01795 590088 or Mike (Watershed Band) 01795 536635
- Tonbridge Folk Club (Nellie’s) :
Rose and Crown, 125 High Street, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1DD. First and third Mondays of each month, 8-11 pm. Musicians and singers welcome. www.tonbridgefolkclub.org 01892 822945.
More details and events also at Tonbridge-Folk-Club_Nellie's.Team.KentFolk .
- White Hart Folk
White Hart Folk Club - Has now been subsumed into "Folk at The Drum" - see above.
- Whitstable Folk Club :
First Thursday of every month - Whitstable Labour Club (Back Room), 12 Belmont Rd., Whitstable, Kent. CT5 1QP
More details and events also at Whitstable-Folk-Club.Team.KentFolk .
Sussex Folk Clubs