Makes 48 mini cupcakes
Ingredients for cupcakes
1 C unsalted butter
1 C Guinness stout
2/3 C cocoa powder, sifted
1 C light brown sugar
2 C all purpose flour
1 C white sugar
¼ t baking soda
½ C sour cream
½ C unsalted butter
4 1/4 cups of powdered sugar
¼ t salt
1/3 C Bailey’s Irish Cream
¼ t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and fill 4 mini cupcake pans with liners.
- Combine butter and stout in a medium saucepan until butter
- Add cocoa powder and brown sugar, whisking until combined
and mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- In a new bowl, sift together baking soda and
flour. Add salt and white sugar.
- Combine the flour mixture with Guinness
mixture and beat for one minute.
- Add eggs and sour cream and beat another 2
minutes until blended well and smooth.
- Divide among the 48 cupcake liners,
filling almost to top, and bake for 14 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter until smooth and fluffy. Add
salt and slowly add powdered sugar. Add Bailey’s, milk, and vanilla, and blend
until smooth and creamy.
- Fill baggie with frosting, pushing it all to one corner.
Snip a small opening in corner of bag, and pipe onto cupcakes. You can also decorate with chocolate mint pieces, like