Welcome to Madame Debyser's website and welcome to the wonderful world of French language and culture! Here, you will be provided a resource to be successful in my classes. Click on your class on the left and email me if you have any questions. Parents, feel free to look around to know what we're up to at school!
Here's a little about me: I am passionate about teaching French. I love to read, write, and travel. I have been a dancer most of my life and enjoy practicing yoga. I am committed to working so that all students have an opportunity for a quality education. I have taught in Philadelphia, Connecticut, and France and am thrilled to be in my hometown teaching at Kalamazoo Central. Go Giants!
Tips For Learning French
- Attend class and listen attentively everyday
- Take risks--participate!
- Be curious
- Don't be afraid to make mistakes
- Read French whenever you get a chance--ask your teacher for recommendations
- Switch the language on your favorite movies to French
- Practice French with your family, friends, and even your cat
- Do not let a day go by without learning a new word
- Check out cool apps like quizlet and Duolingo
- Let your teacher know when you don't understand
- Study abroad when you get to college
To access our textbook online, go to this link: http://my.hrw.com/ and enter your class user name and password.
User name: french130
User name: french238
User name: f3s9p
Some of Mme Debyser's Favorite Books
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
- Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- The Davinci Code by Dan Brown
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin
Let me know what you're reading! I'm always interested in knowing about new authors and books.