Throughout the course of human events, mankind's impacts on the environment have stressed the carrying capacity of many of our natural wonders, thus ruining the essence of why we love and enjoy areas such as the Keauhou Kona Coast. Experience has informed us that the only hope for a better future is through education. It is therefore the responsibility of this generation to prepare our sons and daughters for what lies ahead.......
It is the mission of the Foundation to promote and enhance educational knowledge and awareness in the areas of: environmental conservation, marine preservation, historical and cultural awareness, and ethical behavior.
Cultural / Educational Program Descriptions
KCCEF offers comprehensive educational experiences beyond the
classroom by providing experiential, hands on learning opportunities.
1. Boating and ocean recreation operations and safety programs.
2. Marine biology and ecosystems studies.
3. Conservation and preservation concepts
4. Stewardship and ethical behavior of marine and land ecosystems
5. Blue water plankton and food chain studies
6. Awareness of historical and cultural resources
7. Whale and cetacean identification studies
8. Open forum Q & A sessions– Identify pressing community issues: e.g. global warming, greenhouse gasses, coral bleaching, pollution, natural disasters, climate changes, oil spill and immediate response procedures and seminars.
Hawaii DLNR - Boating and Ocean Recreation Dept
Unites States Coast Guard
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Hawaiian Public and Private Schools
National Marine fisheries
National Whale Sanctuaries
Local Civic Groups
For information regarding educational tours-
Patrick Cunningham : 808-938-0101
Marine mammal photos credit: NOAA