E-mail: k.kawai [at] unsw.edu.au
- DECRA Fellow, Australian Research Council, January 2017- December 2019
- Lecturer: School of Economics, the University of New South Wales, August 2014 -
- Lecturer: School of Economics, the University of Queensland, July 2012 - August 2014
- Ph.D.: Economics, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, June 2012
- M.A.: Economics, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, 2007
- M.A.: Economics, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan, 2005
- B.A. : Economics, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan, 2003
- Nanyang Technological University, February 2014, September 2016
- University of New South Wales, December 2013
- University of Mannheim, September 2013
- Collegio Carlo Alberto, October-November 2013
- “Sequential Cheap Talks” Games and Economic Behavior, vol.90 March, pages 128-133 (2015).
- “Reputation for Quality and Adverse Selection” European Economic Review, vol.76, May, pages 47-59 (2015).
- “Dynamic Market for Lemons with Endogenous Quality Choice by the Seller” Games and Economic Behavior, vol.84 March, pages 152-162 (2014).
- “Media Capture and Information Monopolization in Japan” (with Pak Hung Au) Japanese Economic Review, vol.63, issue 1, pages 131-147 (2012).
- “Sequentially Rationalizable Choice with Transitive Rationales” (with Pak Hung Au) Games and Economic Behavior , vol.73, issue 2, pages 608-614 (2011).
- “Comparison of Two Treatments and Inconsistency of Bootstrap” Economics Letters, vol.104, issue 2, pages 96-98 (2009).
- 2016: GAMES 2016 (July), Econometric Society Asian Meeting (Aug), Osaka University (Sep), National University of Singapore (Sep), University of Queensland (Oct), Chinese University Hong Kong, Shenzhen (Oct), Nanjing University (Oct), Korea University (Dec), Taiwan-Hong Kong Contract Theory Workshop (Dec)
- 2015: Australasian Economic Theory Workshop (Feb), Kyoto University (Mar), Contract Theory Workshop (Jul), University of Tokyo (Jul), Econometric Society World Congress (Aug), University of Technology Sydney (Oct)
- 2014: University of Queensland (Apr), University of New South Wales (May), University of Bristol (May), University of Melbourne (Sep).
- 2013: Australasian Economic Theory Workshop (Feb), Collegio Carlo Alberto (Oct), University of New South Wales (Dec).
- 2012: University of British Columbia (Jan), Kyoto University (Feb), University of Bonn (Feb), University of Mannheim (Feb), Yale-NUS College (Feb), University of Queensland (Feb), National University of Singapore (Sep), IO Workshop at Nanyang Technological University (Sep).
- 2011: Northwestern University (Oct).
- 2010: Kyoto University (Dec).
- 2009: Northwestern University (Apr).
- 2006: Hitotsubashi University (July).
- 2005: Kyoto University (Nov).
GRANTS, FELLOWSHIP AND AWARDS
- Discovery Early Career Researcher Award, Australian Research Council, 2017-2019
- Business School Research Grants, UNSW Business School, 2017,2018
- Special Research Grants, UNSW Business School, 2015, 2016
- Visiting Fellowship, Collegio Carlo Alberto, 2013
- New Staff Research Start-up Grant, The University of Queensland, 2012
- Dissertation Year Fellowship, Northwestern University, 2011
- Japan-IMF Scholarship for Advanced Studies, 2008-2010
- Ishizaka Foundation Fellowship, 2006-2008
- Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Fellows, 2005-2006
The Journal of Economic Theory (3), International Journal of Economic Theory, International Economic Review, The Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Operations Research Letters, RAND, American Economic Review.