E-mail: k.kawai [at] unsw.edu.au
- DECRA Fellow, Australian Research Council, January 2017- December 2019
- Senior Lecturer: School of Economics, the University of New South Wales, July 2017 -
- Lecturer: School of Economics, the University of New South Wales, August 2014 - June 2017
- Lecturer: School of Economics, the University of Queensland, July 2012 - August 2014
- Ph.D.: Economics, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, June 2012
- M.A.: Economics, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, 2007
- M.A.: Economics, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan, 2005
- B.A. : Economics, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan, 2003
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, May 2019
- Kyoto University, October-November 2018, January 2019
- Nanyang Technological University, February 2014, September 2016, April 2018
- University of New South Wales, December 2013
- University of Mannheim, September 2013
- University of Surrey, November 2017
- Collegio Carlo Alberto, October-November 2013, January 2018
- “Competitive Disclosure of Correlated Information” (with Pak Hung Au) (2018). Accepted at Economic Theory
- “Political Kludges” (with Ruitian Lang and Hongyi Li) American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 10(4): 131–158 (2018).
- “Sequential Cheap Talks” Games and Economic Behavior, vol.90 March, pages 128-133 (2015).
- “Reputation for Quality and Adverse Selection” European Economic Review, vol.76, May, pages 47-59 (2015).
- “Dynamic Market for Lemons with Endogenous Quality Choice by the Seller” Games and Economic Behavior, vol.84 March, pages 152-162 (2014).
- “Media Capture and Information Monopolization in Japan” (with Pak Hung Au) Japanese Economic Review, vol.63, issue 1, pages 131-147 (2012).
- “Sequentially Rationalizable Choice with Transitive Rationales” (with Pak Hung Au) Games and Economic Behavior, vol.73, issue 2, pages 608-614 (2011).
- “Comparison of Two Treatments and Inconsistency of Bootstrap” Economics Letters, vol.104, issue 2, pages 96-98 (2009).
- “Competitive Competitive Information Disclosure by Multiple Senders” (with Pak Hung Au) (2018). Accepted subject to minor revisions at Games and Economic Behavior
- “Optimality of Quota Contract” (with Pak Hung Au) (2018). R&R at Journal of Law, Economics, & Organization
- “Robust Pricing with Refunds” (with Toomas Hinnosaar) (2018). R&R at RAND
- 2019: Peking University (Apr), UNSW (May), Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (July).
- 2018: Hitotsubashi University (June), Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (June), International Conference on Economic Theory and Applications (July), European Meeting of the Econometric Society (Aug), Annual Conference of the European Association for Research in Industrial Economics (Sep), Japanese-German Workshop on Contracts and Incentives (Sep), Kyoto University (Nov), Annual Meeting of Southern Economic Association (Nov), UNC-Duke (Nov), University of Miami (Nov).
- 2017: Australian National University (Mar), Otaru University of Commerce (Apr), Contract Theory Workshop (Aug), Monash University (Sep).
- 2016: GAMES 2016 (July), Econometric Society Asian Meeting (Aug), Osaka University (Sep), National University of Singapore (Sep), University of Queensland (Oct), Chinese University Hong Kong, Shenzhen (Oct), Nanjing University (Oct), Korea University (Dec), Taiwan-Hong Kong Contract Theory Workshop (Dec)
- 2015: Australasian Economic Theory Workshop (Feb), Kyoto University (Mar), Contract Theory Workshop (Jul), University of Tokyo (Jul), Econometric Society World Congress (Aug), University of Technology Sydney (Oct)
- 2014: University of Queensland (Apr), University of New South Wales (May), University of Bristol (May), University of Melbourne (Sep).
- 2013: Australasian Economic Theory Workshop (Feb), Collegio Carlo Alberto (Oct), University of New South Wales (Dec).
- 2012: University of British Columbia (Jan), Kyoto University (Feb), University of Bonn (Feb), University of Mannheim (Feb), Yale-NUS College (Feb), University of Queensland (Feb), National University of Singapore (Sep), IO Workshop at Nanyang Technological University (Sep).
- 2011: Northwestern University (Oct).
- 2010: Kyoto University (Dec).
- 2009: Northwestern University (Apr).
- 2006: Hitotsubashi University (July).
- 2005: Kyoto University (Nov).
GRANTS, FELLOWSHIP AND AWARDS
- Project Grant, Kyoto Institute of Economic Research, 2019
- Discovery Early Career Researcher Award, Australian Research Council, 2017-2019
- Business School Research Grants, UNSW Business School, 2017,2018
- Special Research Grants, UNSW Business School, 2015, 2016
- Visiting Fellowship, Collegio Carlo Alberto, 2013
- New Staff Research Start-up Grant, The University of Queensland, 2012
- Dissertation Year Fellowship, Northwestern University, 2011
- Japan-IMF Scholarship for Advanced Studies, 2008-2010
- Ishizaka Foundation Fellowship, 2006-2008
- Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Fellows, 2005-2006
Australian Research Council, American Economics Review, Econometrica, The Journal of Economic Theory, Rand Journal of Economics, International Economic Review, Journal of Law & Economics, The Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, International Journal of Economic Theory, Operations Research Letters, U.S.-Israel Binational Science Foundation.