- Passport Name: Shinsuke Kawaguchi (not “kawagucci”).
- Citizenship: Japan.
- Date of birth: March 30, 1982.
- Working: Research Scientist, Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
- Post address: 2-15 Natsushima-cho, Yokosuka 237-0061, Japan.
- E-mail: kawagucci ------(~)------- jamstec.go.jp
- Subsurface Geobiology Advanced Research (SUGAR) Project, JAMSTEC
- Precambrian Ecosystem Laboratory (PEL), JAMSTEC
- Submarine Resources Research Project (SRRP), JAMSTEC
- 2012/3---------: Research Scientist, at institute of biogeosciences (Biogeos), JAMSTEC, Japan.
- 2009/4-2012/2: Postdoctoral Researcher, at PEL, JAMSTEC, for a TAIGA project, Japan.
- 2006/4-2009/3: Fellowships for Young Scientists from Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS).
- Ph.D. in Graduate School of Agricultural and life sciences (Ocean Research Institute), the University of Tokyo, Japan, 2006-2009.
- Masters in Graduate school of science, Hokkaido University, Japan, 2004-2006.
- BA in Faculty of science, Hokkaido University, Japan, 2000-2004.
- Jeff Seewald (InterRidge fellowship), petroleum and hydrothermal geochemistry, WHOI.
- Ken Takai (postdoc), Geomicrobiology in extreme environments, JAMSTEC.
- Toshitaka Gamo (DC), Marine chemistry including hydrothermal geochemistry, ORI Univ. Tokyo.
- Urumu Tsunogai (MC), Analytical and environmental chemistry using GC-IRMS, Hokkaido Univ.
- Young Scientist Award, Geochemical Society of Japan, 2012.
- Young Scientist Presentation Award, the Blue Earth symposium, 2011.
- JAMSTEC President Bonus, JAMSTEC, 2010.
- The InterRidge Postdoctoral fellow, 2010.
- The Dean Award for Academic Excellence, Graduate School of Agricultural and life sciences, the University of Tokyo, 2009.
- Poster Presentation Prize, 3rd International Symposium on Isotopomers, UCSD, 2006.
- [PI] Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists (A) (No. 25701004
, 2013-2015 (proposal)
- [PI] Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists (B) (No. 22710024), JPY 4,200,000, 2010-2011. (proposal)
- [PI] Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Fellows (No. 18.4415), JPY 2,800,000, 2006-2008. (proposal)
- [Non-PI] Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) (No.
), JPY 200,000, 2011-2012.
- JAMSTEC Houga Award, JPY 10,500,000, 2011-2013.
- The Torii Endowment from Geochemical Society Japan, JPY 100,000, 2011.
- The InterRidge fellowship, US$ 5,000, 2010
- Sasakawa scientific research grant from the Japan science society, JPY 560,000, 2010
- Travel Grant, Japan Marine Science Fundation, JPY 100,000, 2009.
- The Torii Endowment from Geochemical Society Japan, JPY 100,000, 2005.
- Grant for international exchanges from Hokkaido University, JPY 150,000, 2005.
Scientific social activity
Scientific personal activity
- Participant in 35 ocean-going research expeditions (5 cruises as a chief scientist) that involved surface ocean and seafloor objectives utilizing CTD-Niskin samplers, manned and/or unmanned submersibles, AUV, piston and multiple corers, and air sampler.
- Manuscript reviews: Geochemical Journal, Rapid Communication of Mass Spectrometry, Chikyukagaku, JGR-ocean, JGR-bio, GCA, and Chikyukagaku (in Japanese).
- Member of soccer-football team at JAMSTEC (2009/04-current)
- Member of soccer-football team at Ocean Research Institute, the Univ. of Tokyo (2006/04-2009/03).
- Chief of the organizing committee members, Intercollegiate competition of Swimming in Hokkaido area (2002).
- Black Belt in JUDO (1998).