- Passport Name: Shinsuke KAWAGUCCI
- Citizenship: Japan
- Date of birth: March 30, 1982.
- Position: Research Scientist
- Working: Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
- Post address: 2-15 Natsushima-cho, Yokosuka 237-0061, Japan.
- E-mail: kawagucci --- jamstec.go.jp
- Department of Subsurface Geobiological Analysis and Research (D-SUGAR), JAMSTEC
- Laboratory of Ocean-Earth Life Evolution Research (OELE), JAMSTEC
- Research and Development center for submarine Resources (SRRP), JAMSTEC
- Project team for Development of New-generation Research Protocol for Submarine Resources (SIP), JAMSTEC
- 2014/4---------: Research Scientist, at D-SUGAR, JAMSTEC, Japan.
- 2012/3-2014/3: Research Scientist, at institute of biogeosciences (Biogeos), JAMSTEC, Japan.
- 2009/4-2012/2: Postdoctoral Researcher, at Precambrian Ecosystem Laboratory, JAMSTEC, for a TAIGA project, Japan.
- 2006/4-2009/3: Fellowships for Young Scientists from Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS DC1).
- Ph.D. in Graduate School of Agricultural and life sciences (Ocean Research Institute), the University of Tokyo, Japan, 2006-2009.
- Masters in Graduate school of science, Hokkaido University, Japan, 2004-2006.
- BA in Faculty of science, Hokkaido University, Japan, 2000-2004.
- Jeff Seewald (InterRidge fellowship), petroleum and hydrothermal geochemistry, WHOI.
- Ken Takai (postdoc), Geomicrobiology in extreme environments, JAMSTEC.
- Toshitaka Gamo (DC), Marine chemistry including hydrothermal geochemistry, ORI Univ. Tokyo.
- Urumu Tsunogai (MC), Analytical and environmental chemistry using GC-IRMS, Hokkaido Univ.
- JAMSTEC Research Achievement Award, JAMSTEC, 2014.
- Young Scientist Award, Geochemical Society of Japan, 2012.
- Young Scientist Presentation Award, the Blue Earth symposium, 2011.
- JAMSTEC President Bonus, JAMSTEC, 2010.
- The InterRidge Postdoctoral fellow, 2010.
- The Dean Award for Academic Excellence, Graduate School of Agricultural and life sciences, the University of Tokyo, 2009.
- Poster Presentation Prize, 3rd International Symposium on Isotopomers, UCSD, 2006.
- [PI] Grant-in-Aid for challenging Exploratory Research (No. 15K12222 ), JPY 2,860,000 , 2015-2016 (proposal)
- [PI] Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists (A) (No. 25701004 ), JPY 19,760,000 , 2013-2015 (proposal)
- [PI] Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists (B) (No. 22710024), JPY 4,200,000, 2010-2011. (proposal)
- [PI] Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Fellows (No. 18.4415), JPY 2,800,000, 2006-2008. (proposal)
- [Non-PI] Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) (No. 15K05263 ), JPY 370,000, 2015-2016.
- [Non-PI] Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) (No. 22560811 ), JPY 200,000, 2011-2012.
- JAMSTEC Houga (Exploratory) Award, JPY 10,500,000, 2011-2013.
- The Torii Endowment from Geochemical Society Japan, JPY 100,000, 2011.
- The InterRidge fellowship, US$ 5,000, 2010
- Sasakawa scientific research grant from the Japan science society, JPY 560,000, 2010
- Travel Grant, Japan Marine Science Fundation, JPY 100,000, 2009.
- The Torii Endowment from Geochemical Society Japan, JPY 100,000, 2005.
- Grant for international exchanges from Hokkaido University, JPY 150,000, 2005.
Postdoc and students advised
- Tomoyo Okumura (FY2013, Postdoc at JAMSTEC)
- Konomi Suda (FY2015, PhD at TITECH, with Dr. Ueno)
- Saki Tsutsumi (FY2014-, MS at Kyushu Univ., with Dr. Ishibashi)
- Miki Tawata (FY2013-2014, MS at Univ. of Ryukyus, with Dr. Toki)
- Shosei Yamagami (FY2011, MS at Okayama Univ., as TAIGA T-MORE project)
- Mariko Kobayashi (FY2010-2011, MS at Tokyo Tech, with Prof. Yoshida)
Scientific social activity
- Local Organization Committee, Annual Meeting of Geochemical Society of Japan (2015 Yokohama).
- Elected councilor for Geochemical Society of Japan (2014-2015)
- Elected councilor for Geochemical Society of Japan (2010-2011)
- Chief of the scientific and organizing committee members, Young members symposium of Geochemical Society of Japan (2005).
Scientific personal activity
- Participant in 37 ocean-going research expeditions (7 cruises as a chief scientist) that involved surface ocean and seafloor objectives utilizing CTD-Niskin samplers, manned and/or unmanned submersibles, AUV, piston and multiple corers, and air sampler.
- Manuscript reviews: GCA, L&O-Method, Geochemical Journal, Rapid Communication of Mass Spectrometry, JGR-ocean, JGR-bio, Energies, G-cubed, Deep-Sea Research, and Chikyukagaku (in Japanese).
- Proposal review: National Science Centre Poland
- Member of soccer-football team at JAMSTEC (2009/04-current)
- Member of soccer-football team at Ocean Research Institute, the Univ. of Tokyo (2006/04-2009/03).
- Chief of the organizing committee members, Intercollegiate competition of Swimming in Hokkaido area (2002).
- Black Belt in JUDO (1998).