2010 - PresentMyEnglishClub: Business English Online
- I manage a group of 100+ disconnected students on a global e-platform.
2006 - Present
- Am the founder of a writing group which meets monthly at the Deutsch Amerikanisches Zentrum – our members are a mix of Germans, British/Americans, Russian and Arabic nationalities. We edit each other’s work and I present writing based workshops. We held our first Public Reading (60 guests) in January 2008 and now host regular sessions at one of the Starbucks in the City Center.
Quito, EcuadorCotopaxi Writing Group
- Member, short story writer and proof-reader.
Quito, EcuadorGuayabamba Zoo/Las Casas Guarderia
- Part of project to take 105 children from the community (3-5yrs old) to the zoo for the first time.
Otavalo, Ecuador Tabacundo Community Centre
- Part of treeplanting / bee-hive painting project .
Quito, Ecuador Proyecto Saleisano
- Part of project to repaint the classrooms for the children + educational activities.
1999 - 2000
Quito, Ecuador Sebastian de Benalcazar High School
- Saturday teacher - conversation classes with groups of up to 20 students.
Lamma Is. Hong Kong ABLE - A Better Living Environment
- Administrator and board member, fundraiser, main PR contact. Attracted the attention of MTV Asia and HK Magazine for the Earth Power Festival in August 1996. Organized tree planting (1000 trees for Lamma) and beach cleaning exercises. Advisor for recycling paper project with the Body Shop. Initiated shift in the NGO's culture by bringing in more Chinese members to become an influential voice in the community.
London, UK The Dionysus Wine Club
- Organized group of twelve members to meet regularly for wine tastings and wine education.