- Work to have Pheasants Forever biologists in each NRCS/FSA Office in N.E. Kansas.
- Contact and help landowners implement habitat programs
- In time they may be able to replace buffer and filter strip coordinators in each office.
- Provide Habitat Equipment
- Have discs, planters, grass drills for tractors in each NRCS-FSA office.
- Have discs, planters, grass drills for ATV’s in each NRCS-FSA office.
- Have a list of local farmers in different locales with-in each NRCS-FSA jurisdiction who would be willing to do this work with their equipment for a set price.
- Have burn equipment in each NRCS/FSA office.
- Have burn safety literature at each office.
- Have annual burn safety classes
- Make lists of each rural fire department willing to do burning for landowners and their fee for doing so.
Goal 1: Promote continuous CRP for expiring CRP contracts
Goal 2: Develop and distribute marketing information and educational materials to promote upland game and economics
Goal 3: Develop more habitat improvement teams/capabilities in NE Kansas
Goal 4: Improve brood habitat
Goal 5: Conduct upland bird workshops to promote good habitat and wildlife management activities
Goal 6: Establish incentives to encourage land management practices beneficial to upland birds
Goal 7: Obtain additional funds to support initiatives