Home‎ > ‎Announcements‎ > ‎

Minutes

January 2010

posted Feb 3, 2010, 7:01 AM by Dr. Cynthia Annett

UPLAND BIRD PARTNERSHIP MEETING

 

MEETING HIGHLIGHTS, January 28, 2010

 

The meeting was held in the KDWP Regional Office with 12 people in attendance. The first portion of the meeting focused on the goals, with each Leadership Team member reporting on strategies and accomplishments to date. The Leadership Team updates are as follows:

 

1.     Goal:  Promote continuous CRP for expiring contracts. (Roger Wolfe, Rob Reschke, Al Ward) – Rob provided a presentation which highlighted changes occurring to Buffer Coordinators, Water Quality positions and Technical staff. Plans were a major reduction in Buffer and Water Quality coordinators to fund Technical positions in high priority areas. Rob will update the map indicating locations and get it out to the group.

2.     Goal:  Develop and distribute marketing information and educational materials to promote upland game and economics. (A key target is farmer-focused and area non-hunter-focused  publications.)  (Jordan Martincich, Melissa Arthur) – No report was available.

3.     Goal:  Develop more habitat improvement teams/capabilities in NE Kansas. (Bill Brannon) – John reported that Bill had developed a draft letter to go out to CD’s looking for local people willing to do habitat work. John provided comments and now it is in the hands of the RC&D to send out to the CD’s. Bill also told John that his local chapter has another check for $1666 to help with our objectives.

4.     Goal:  Improve brood habitat – establish more weeds, etc. (John Bond) – John provided a creative buffer program draft that a special committee of the Delaware WRAPS group came up with. There were 4 innovative buffer types that the group proposed, these were discussed by the group. He also provided an update on the equipment, which had been transferred to Dan Howe and he was getting started on utilizing the tree saw. Anyone needing tree removal services should contact Dan or John.

5.     Goal:  Conduct wildlife diversity workshops to promote good habitat and wildlife management activities. (Roger Wolfe) – Roger discussed several workshops that were in progress for 2010. Roger is still compiling a list of organizational leaders to try and promote this concept. If you know of anyone interested in holding a workshop, please let him know.

6.     Goal:  Establish incentives to encourage land management practices beneficial to upland birds.  (John Harrington, Jeff Keating, Rob Reschke) – Roger provided some examples of signs that he had put together and the group chose the white sign that had the circular pattern of partners. He will add some verbage on the sign to show private land and give credit for habitat work by the landowner and get it back out to the group. Once approved he will order 500 signs for our use throughout the region.

 

7.     Goal:  Obtain additional funds to support initiatives. (Gary Satter, Bill Brannon) – John Bond  provided an update on funding sources to date that were provided to him by Gary. John discussed the Priority Bird Workshop that was held and some upcoming presentations that him and Gary would be doing to meet the Wildlife grant requirements. Further items were covered under the Funding Update section below.

 

 

 

John discussed some of the Grassroots Conservation Campaign items, then discussed a farm bill biologist position that is scheduled to be put in place this spring in Nemaha County. If you are interested in getting one in your area and would  like some funding packets, contact Jordan right away and he will get them to you. If you would like to have a meeting locally, please contact Jordan for that as well and he will work with you on getting one put together.

 

John discussed the Private Land Care video which details 10 easy ways to improve habitat on your land. Byran has received approval from Missouri to update the video with a Kansas twist. Roger stated that he had Jim Pittman lined up to cover the Kanasas representation additions to the video. Byran also said that the SCI would also fund some of the reproductions once they are completed.

 

John Bond and Cynthia Annett provided an update on the funds received to date and some of the upcoming grants that we should apply for. The group discussed the need to develop some high priority goals that we could utilizing for our grant efforts, a portion of our next meeting will focus on this effort. Cynthia also discussed some new changes to the website as well as a google calendar that the group could use.

 

The next meeting is planned to be held on April 29 at the Region 2 Office in Topeka if it is available.

November 2009

posted Feb 3, 2010, 7:00 AM by Dr. Cynthia Annett



MEETING HIGHLIGHTS, November 12, 2009

 

The meeting was held in the FSA Regional Office with 17 people in attendance. The first portion of the meeting focused on the goals, with each Leadership Team member reporting on strategies and accomplishments to date. The Leadership Team updates are as follows:

 

1.     Goal:  Promote continuous CRP for expiring contracts. (Roger Wolfe, Rob Reschke, Al Ward) – Roger passed out and discussed a couple of brochures that KDWP has been working on. He also passed out a Field Guide to the 2008 Farm Bill for Fish and Wildlife Conservation. The group would like to have more copies, so Roger and John will see if they can come up with some more from other organizations or purchase them directly.

2.     Goal:  Develop and distribute marketing information and educational materials to promote upland game and economics. (A key target is farmer-focused and area non-hunter-focused  publications.)  (Jordan Martincich, Melissa Arthur) – Jordan provided a place mat that highlighted the work being accomplished through the Conservation Legacy program and explained the objectives to the group. He also discussed a National Hunting survey and the loss of dollars due to reduced hunting activities. The group requested that he provide a copy for everyone to review.

3.     Goal:  Develop more habitat improvement teams/capabilities in NE Kansas. (Bill Brannon) – Bill Brannon discussed a list of equipment by county that he had been working on. He also discussed how we might get a list of people that were interested in doing habitat work in the Region. The group would like Gary Satter to write a news release that would be distributed through Conservation District newsletters requesting interested individuals contact the RC&D. The RC&D would compile and maintain a list for this region.

4.     Goal:  Improve brood habitat – establish more weeds, etc. (John Bond) – John discussed one of the main strategies that they were working on which he is calling set aside buffers. Two of the WRAPS groups now have approved funding and John and Gary will be working with these groups to develop guidelines. They are thinking of making it a one time payment to leave the buffers (let go to weeds) for a multi-year period. He also discussed some equipment that he is working on to have available for use to develop habitat. These would include a tree saw, 4 wheeler and roller tiller.

5.     Goal:  Conduct wildlife diversity workshops to promote good habitat and wildlife management activities. (Roger Wolfe) – Roger discussed several workshops that were in progress for 2010. Roger is compiling a list of organizational leaders to try and promote this concept. If you know of anyone interested in holding a workshop, please let him know.

6.     Goal:  Establish incentives to encourage land management practices beneficial to upland birds.  (John Harrington, Jeff Keating, Rob Reschke) – John Bond updated the group on where we left off at the last meeting. The group wanted to develop a good sign with logos on it. Roger and John had checked into prices and Roger could get them the cheapest. The group discussed color and the new logo. Roger will move forward with developing the sign and ordering.

 

7.     Goal:  Obtain additional funds to support initiatives. (Gary Satter, Bill Brannon) – Gary Satter provided an update on funding initiatives to date. John discussed the Priority Bird Workshop that was held and some upcoming presentations that him and Gary would be doing to meet the Wildlife grant requirements. Further items were covered under the Funding Update section below.

 

Jordan passed out a couple of Grassroots Conservation Campaign items, then discussed the primary goals of the group and the success of the farm bill biologists in other states. If you would  like some funding packets, contact Jordan right away and he will get them to you. If you would like to have a meeting locally, please contact Jordan for that as well and he will work with you on getting one put together.

 

John discussed the Private Land Care video which details 10 easy ways to improve habitat on your land. The video was produced by the Missouri Dept of Conservation but practices apply to Kansas as well. Brian offered to try and work with Missouri to get permission to edit the video to fit Kansas. If approved, he will work with a local person to edit the video and provide for our input.

 

Gary Satter and Cynthia Annett provided an update on the funds received to date and some of the upcoming grants that we should apply for. Cynthia, Nasbah and Temashio discussed the new logo, additions to the website and the potential for others to add stuff to the site. Cynthia will develop instructions and they will be sent to the group. The group voted and chose a logo which is now on the website.

 

The next meeting is planned to be held on January 28 at the Region 2 Office in Topeka if it is available.

September 2009

posted Feb 3, 2010, 6:58 AM by Dr. Cynthia Annett   [ updated Feb 3, 2010, 7:00 AM ]

Workshop

FSA Office 3600 Anderson Ave, Manhattan

1:00 pm            Welcome and Introductions

1:10 pm             Overview of the Upland Bird Partnership

1:20 pm            Ken Brunson – presentation on Conservation Priority Areas

1:40 pm            Rod Winkler –  FSA programs available to assist with upland bird habitat

 2:10 pm            Troy Munsch – NRCS programs available to assist with upland bird habitat

 2:35 pm            Bill Busby – Priority bird and habitat study completed in Anderson county

 2:55 pm            Mike Rich – USFWS focus areas and programs to assist in the Flint Hills

 3:15 pm            Break

 3:25 pm            Kimberly With – presentation on upland bird studies in the Flint Hills

 3:50 pm            Final discussion and questions

 4:00 pm            Head for Home

 

Please let me know if you are planning to attend so we can make arrangements for refreshments.  Hope to see you there.

 

 


 

REGIONAL UPLAND BIRD PARTNERSHIP MEETING

 FSA Office 3600 Anderson Ave, Manhattan

September 11, 2009

9:30 am         Welcome and opening remarks

9:40 am         Recap from last meeting and any further discussion

 9:50 am        Goals – each leadership team member will update the group on the progress they have made toward developing strategies for their goals

10:30 am        Break

10:40 am        Continue discussion on goals and objectives

11:00 am        Kansas Grassroots PF/QF progress – update on progress and donor meeting to be held at Cabela’s on October 8 at    7 pm

11:15 am        Missouri’s Private Land Care Video – they have provided approval for us to reproduce it, what should we do

11:30 am        Funding update – Gary Satter will brief us on funding received to date.  Cynthia will discuss grants, website, brochure and logo.

11:40 pm        Other topics

11:50 pm        Set next meeting date and location, then head for lunch

1:00 pm          Upland Bird Workshop begins





 

MEETING HIGHLIGHTS, Sept 11, 2009

 

The meeting was held in the FSA Regional Office with 17 people in attendance. The first portion of the meeting focused on the goals, with each Leadership Team member reporting on strategies and accomplishments to date. The Leadership Team updates are as follows:

 

1.     Goal:  Promote continuous CRP for expiring contracts. (Roger Wolfe, Rob Reschke, Al Ward) – Roger discussed a brochure that KDWP was working on and thinks it is finalized. He will provide the final brochure to John so he can forward on to the group.

2.     Goal:  Develop and distribute marketing information and educational materials to promote upland game and economics. (A key target is farmer-focused and area non-hunter-focused  publications.)  (Jordan Martincich, Melissa Arthur) – John provided an updated brochure that Jordan had been working on called: Conservation Economics: Increasing revenue through conservation practices. He also supplied a brochure on Revenue Generating Conservation programs. The group needs to review and provide comments to Jordan. John will send out the email versions soon.

3.     Goal:  Develop more habitat improvement teams/capabilities in NE Kansas. (Bill Brannon) – Bill Brannon supplied a list of equipment by county that he had been working on. The group thought it would be good to add in KDWP equipment as well as any others that were available for use. A draft list will be distributed soon.

4.     Goal:  Improve brood habitat – establish more weeds, etc. (John Bond) – John discussed one of the main strategies that they were working on which he is calling set aside buffers. Two of the WRAPS groups now have approved funding and John and Gary will be working with them to iron out the details on implementing this type of program. John also discussed using roundup in areas to promote weeds and thought it could have many uses in our region.

5.     Goal:  Conduct wildlife diversity workshops to promote good habitat and wildlife management activities. (Roger Wolfe) – Roger told the group that he would like to see workshops in every county if possible with his staff helping to lead the way.  The group would like to see somewhat of a standard format put together that can be utilized for most workshops. Roger is compiling a list of organizational leaders to try and promote this concept.

6.     Goal:  Establish incentives to encourage land management practices beneficial to upland birds.  (John Harrington, Jeff Keating, Rob Reschke) – John discussed some of the strategies that they were looking at but would like more input from the group. He also discussed doing a video with a local landowner that would be very good at it. We also discussed a good sign with logos on it. Roger, John and Gary will be checking on prices to produce it since the group was all behind it.                                                                                             

 

7.     Goal:  Obtain additional funds to support initiatives. (Gary Satter, Bill Brannon) – Gary Satter provided an update on funding initiatives to date. The group discussed other options to include grants, events, and a donation option. Gary told the group that we had received funding from the Chickadee Checkoff for $5000 and would be conducting some workshops throughout the region.

John asked again that each Goal Leader provide a written document similar to the one he provided so that they can be added to our plan. Drafts have been provided for all Goals except 1 and 7. We will have each member report on their progress again at the next meeting.

 

John passed out a couple of Grassroots Conservation Campaign items for Jordan since he was unable to attend. He then discussed the primary goals of the group and the success of the farm bill biologists in other states. A kickoff meeting has been planned for October 8th at Cabela’s at 7pm. We ask that you invite individuals that would be willing to assist with helping fund this campaign to attend. If you would like a packet like John displayed at the meeting, contact Jordan right away and he will get one to you. If you would like to have a meeting locally, please contact Jordan for that as well and he will work with you on getting one together.

 

Brian Schanze provided a video disc called Private Land Care which discussed 10 easy ways to improve habitat on your land at our last meeting. The video was produced by the Missouri Dept of Conservation but practices apply to Kansas as well. John has received approval to copy the disc for Kansas and we will be checking on some prices. Cynthia has it downloaded to the website which can be accessed through KAWS at kaws.org, then about us tab, then partner tab.

 

Gary Satter and Cynthia Annett provided an update on the funds received to date and some of the upcoming grants that we should apply for. Cynthia and her students provided a tour of the new website and showed the components that have been added. Everyone thought it was off to a great start. They also discussed a new logo for the group which everyone approved of with a few minor changes that they will provide for approval at the next meeting.

 

The next meeting is planned to be held on November 12 at the Region 2 Office in Topeka if it is available.

July 2009

posted Feb 3, 2010, 6:57 AM by Dr. Cynthia Annett


July 2009

REGIONAL UPLAND BIRD PARTNERSHIP MEETING

KS. DEPT OF WILDLIFE AND PARKS REGION 2 OFFICE
300 SW Wanamaker Road, Topeka

July 1, 2009


9:30 am Welcome and opening remarks

9:40 am Recap from last meeting and any further discussion

9:50 am Goals – each leadership team member will update the group on the progress they have made toward developing strategies for the goal they were assigned

10:30 am Break

10:40 am Kansas Grassroots PF/QF progress – need to determine exactly where and when we will help with donor meeting

11:00 am Ken Brunson – update on priority areas for northeast Kansas and how they relate to the State Wildlife Plan

11:30 am Brian Schanze – briefing on Missouri’s Private Land Care Program

11:50 am Funding update – Gary Satter will brief us on funding received to date and progress on website. Cynthia will discuss grants and which ones to pursue and how

12:00 pm Other topics

12:10 pm Set next meeting date and location, then head for home


I have attached the highlights from our meeting on July 1 in Topeka. It was a very productive meeting and things are starting to move along now that we have narrowed down our goals and objectives. Our next meeting is scheduled for September 10th, so place that date on your calendar.

The partnership is also assisting with a regional kickoff of the PF/QF Grassroots effort to improve habitat and education throughout the state. Tentative plans are to have it at Cabela's on October 8th at 7pm. Please be thinking of individuals to invite that might be interested in donating to this vast effort to bring back our numbers of upland birds.

UPLAND BIRD PARTNERSHIP MEETING

MEETING HIGHLIGHTS, July 1, 2009

The meeting was held in the Ks Dept of Wildlife and Parks Region 2 Office with 19 people in attendance. The first portion of the meeting focused on the goals, with each Leadership Team member reporting on strategies and accomplishments to date. The Leadership Team updates are as follows:

1. Goal: Promote continuous CRP for expiring contracts. (Roger Wolfe, Rob Reschke, Al Ward) – Roger discussed a brochure that KDWP was working on. He will provide the final brochure to John so he can forward on to the group.
2. Goal: Develop and distribute marketing information and educational materials to promote upland game and economics. (A key target is farmer-focused and area non-hunter-focused publications.) (Jordan Martincich, Melissa Arthur) – Jordan provided an updated brochure prior to the meeting that he had been working on called: Conservation Economics: Increasing revenue through conservation practices. Devon discussed it a little further on behalf of Jordan and asked that all comments be sent to Jordan soon.
3. Goal: Develop more habitat improvement teams/capabilities in NE Kansas. (Bill Brannon) – Bill Brannon discussed the new strategies that he had supplied prior to the meeting and had a lot of good discussion with the group. He will make the recommended changes and provide back to the group.
4. Goal: Improve brood habitat – establish more weeds, etc. (John Bond) – John discussed one of the main strategies that they were working on which he is calling set aside buffers. Several WRAPS groups have placed funds in their budgets to try the concept out. He also stated that his local PF chapter was going to try it as well.
5. Goal: Conduct wildlife diversity workshops to promote good habitat and wildlife management activities. (Roger Wolfe) – Roger told the group that he would like to see workshops in every county if possible with his staff helping to lead the way. The group would like to see somewhat of a standard format put together that can be utilized for most workshops. They would be counting on local groups and organizations to provide support for the workshops. If you are interested in conducting one in your area, please let Roger know.
6. Goal: Establish incentives to encourage land management practices beneficial to upland birds. (John Harrington, Jeff Keating, Rob Reschke) – John discussed some of the strategies that they were looking at but would like more input from the group. Please look this goal over and provide comments to John Harrington.

7. Goal: Obtain additional funds to support initiatives. (Gary Satter, Bill Brannon) – Gary Satter provided an update on funding initiatives to date. The group discussed other options to include grants, events, and a donation option. Gary told the group that we had received funding from the Chickadee Checkoff for $1300 and a check from the Fort Riley Chapter for $1000. The group would like the website fully developed as well as a brochure highlighting the groups goals and funding needs, with an option for anyone to donate. Gary told the group they are still trying to figure out how to set up paypal on the site to make donations easy.

John asked again that each Goal Leader provide a written document similar to the one he provided so that they can be added to our plan. Drafts have been provided for all Goals except 1 and 7. We will have each member report on their progress again at the next meeting.

Ken Brunson supplied a presentation on the Conservation Priority areas for the Tallgrass Prairie Region. He discussed where they were located and how they were determined. He discussed some of the best ways that the group could help address some of the habitats of the priority species that determined these areas. He also told the group that we were not successful with the SWIG application but encouraged us to review the comments and re-apply. Ken did tell the group that plans were to fully fund the Chickadee Checkoff grant for $5000 instead of $1300, so we would have additional funds to promote these Conservation Areas as well as management practices needed to provide habitat to priority species.

Brian Schanze provided a video disc called Private Land Care which discussed 10 easy ways to improve habitat on your land. The video was produced by the Missouri Dept of Conservation but practices apply to Kansas as well. Brian has a contact for additional copies if needed and will supply to John so he can get it out to the group. Cynthia will try to download this video to our website so that it is available for anyone to see. He also passed out a newsletter called the Covey Headquarters as a potential idea for keeping members updated. Devon said that PF/QF was working on one that the group could probably utilize.

Gary Satter and Cynthia Annett provided an update on the funds received to date and some of the upcoming grants that we should apply for. Cynthia provided an update on the website development and ask that everyone look it over and provide input.

John and Devon discussed the new Legacy Program being lead by Pheasants and Quail Forever. They are looking for contacts of people, companies, organizations, etc that would be willing to donate funding. If you know of any contacts, please contact Jordan. They would also like to have a kickoff event for this initiative in northeast Kansas. The group discussed having it in several locations, but chose to go with Cabela’s on October 8th at 7pm. A backup location will be Bass Pro. Please place that date on your calendar and be thinking of potential donors to invite to the meeting.

The next meeting is planned to be held on September 10 at the same location.

April 2009

posted Feb 3, 2010, 6:56 AM by Dr. Cynthia Annett

April 2009

Good afternoon,

I have worked with the Leadership Team to reschedule the Regional Upland Bird meeting, which will be on April 29th at the KDWP Region 2 Office in Topeka. We will have Ken Brunson there to speak on conservation areas for our region. We will also have Leadership Team members cover the objectives for their goals that they were to have together for this meeting. If Leadership Team members could send them to me in the next week or so, I will get them out to the group ahead of the meeting so they will have time to review. Hope to see you all later this month. Have a good weekend!


REGIONAL UPLAND BIRD PARTNERSHIP MEETING

KS. DEPT OF WILDLIFE AND PARKS REGION 2 OFFICE
300 SW Wanamaker Road, Topeka

April 29, 2009


9:30 am Welcome and opening remarks

9:40 am Recap from last meeting and any further discussion

9:50 am Goals – each leadership team member will update the group on the progress they have made toward developing strategies for the goal they were assigned

10:30 am Break

10:40 am Continue with leadership team member strategy reports

11:00 am Ken Brunson – update on priority areas for northeast Kansas and how they relate to the State Wildlife Plan

11:30 am Funding update – Gary Satter will brief us on funding received to date. Cynthia will discuss potential grants and we will help prioritize which ones to pursue and how

11:55 am Other topics

January 2009

posted Feb 3, 2010, 6:50 AM by Dr. Cynthia Annett



January 2009

Good morning,

Our next meeting is scheduled for January 22 at the Region 2 KDWP Office in Topeka. I have attached an agenda as well as a draft funding proposal for your use. Please bring them with you.

Cynthia will be sending out a draft grant spreadsheet for your review prior to the meeting as well. We will need to help her prioritize them based on our experience so we can start applying. Hope you all had a great holiday season and will plan to see you on the 22nd.

REGIONAL UPLAND BIRD PARTNERSHIP MEETING

KS. DEPT OF WILDLIFE AND PARKS REGION 2 OFFICE
300 SW Wanamaker Road, Topeka

January 22, 2008


9:30 am Welcome and opening remarks

9:40 am Recap from last meeting and any further discussion

10:00 am Discussion current Leadership Team and how we would like to operate. Do we need further additions to our Advisory Team?

10:30 am Break

10:40 am Funding update – Gary Satter will brief us on funding to date. Cynthia will discuss potential grants and we will help prioritize which ones to pursue and how.

11:00 am Discussion on how the Leadership Team would like to proceed with the objectives

11:30 am Other topics of discussion

11:50 am Next meeting time and location

Noon Head for Home



NORTHEAST KANSAS REGIONAL UPLAND BIRD PARTNERSHIP

PARTNERSHIP FUNDING PROPOSAL

A Regional Upland Bird Partnership has formed in Northeast Kansas to help address declining upland bird populations to include both game and non-game species. The primary focus of the group is to work together with all other groups, agencies and organizations in the region, to restore and protect habitat for game species as well as the priority non-game species. The group has developed a set of Goals and Objectives that will lead their activities in the future. They are listed in order of priority and a copy has been attached for your review. It is a working document and is open for changes as approved by the Leadership Team. Members of the Leadership Team as well as the Advisory Team are listed below.

Quail Forever – Jordan Martincich, Regional Representative
Pheasants Forever – Jack Williams, Topeka Chapter
Quail Unlimited – Al Ward, Topeka Chapter
Ks Dept of Wildlife and Parks – Roger Wolfe, Reg. Fish & Wildlife Supervisor
RC&D – Gary Satter, Glacial Hills RC&D, group sponsor
State Conservation Commission – Rob Reschke, State Buffer Coordinator
Ks Alliance for Wetland and Streams/Flint Hills Chapter PF – John Bond
Fort Leavenworth/Leavenworth PF – John Harrington
Final member – looking to Audubon or Ks Ornithological Society

Advisory Members to date
Ks Dept of Wildlife and Parks Area Biologists
US Fish and Wildlife Service
Fort Riley
Ks Wildlife Federation
Natural Resource Conservation Service
Ks Wild Turkey Foundation

The group has identified a huge need for additional funding if we are to accomplish the goals and objectives provided. They have also identified the need for part-time staff to coordinate all the activities planned by the group. The Glacial Hills RC&D has agreed to sponsor the group and handle funds as directed by the Leadership Team, and has hired a grant writer to help seek funding opportunities. If you chose to participate in helping fund this effort, your dollars will first go to help support the grant writer so we can acquire additional funding, then to support a partner coordinator to help address the objectives and handle the day to day activities. All additional funds will be directed to addressing the objectives with expenditures determined by the Leadership Team.

We are asking for 3 years of funding support to help get this partnership up and running at full speed, but any donation will be appreciated. We are also looking for equipment to help support habitat restoration efforts, which is also a donation possibility. All non-federal funds provided to this partnership will be utilized to seek grants to try and double or triple the funds available.

If you are interested in partnering in this effort or have questions, please contact Gary Satter (785-945-6292) or John Bond (785-463-5804). If you have other funding ideas or contacts, please contact Cynthia Annett at cynthia.annett@gmail.com (cell phone 785-331-7905).

Many of the Upland Bird Species are at 40 year lows and we need everyone’s help if we are to help them recover to historic numbers. We hope you will join us in this effort and we thank you for your consideration!

December 2008

posted Feb 3, 2010, 6:48 AM by Dr. Cynthia Annett



December 2008



Good morning,

I just wanted to remind everyone that the next Regional Upland Bird meeting is scheduled for December 11th at 9:30 am. It will be held at the Region 2 KDWP Office in Topeka, which is the same location as the previous meetings. An agenda has been attached for your use.

Things have been progressing since the last meeting. The Glacial Hills RC&D has taken on sponsorship of our Upland Initiative and is currently taking funds from partners to begin addressing our objectives. Since our first objective was to hire a grant writer and seek addition funds, they have recently hired one to write grants for us as well as other groups. This is a big step forward and we will discuss further at the meeting.

Please let me know if you plan to attend by the end of next week. Thanks and hope you are all enjoying your Thanksgiving Holiday.
John Bond


REGIONAL UPLAND BIRD PARTNERSHIP MEETING

KS. DEPT OF WILDLIFE AND PARKS REGION 2 OFFICE
300 SW Wanamaker Road, Topeka

December 11, 2008


9:30 am Welcome and opening remarks

9:40 am Recap from last meeting and any further discussion

10:00 am Discussion on forming a Leadership Team comprised of members from the different groups and organizations.

10:30 am Break

10:40 am Funding update – Gary Satter with the Glacial Hills RC&D will brief us on the current funding received and the hiring of a grant writer to help us acquire additional funds

11:00 am Discussion on how we can grow this partnership, increase funding to help reach our objectives, etc

11:30 am Other topics of discussion

11:50 am Next meeting time and location

Noon Head for Home

1-7 of 7