Welcome to the Kanchanawong Lab homepage.
We are based at the Mechanobiology Institute (MBI), National University
of Singapore (NUS), and are also affiliated with the Department of Biomedical Engineering. The scientific interest of our lab is at
the interface of cell biology, biophysics, and advanced imaging technology.
We are currently developing and applying superresolution microscopy
techniques to study how proteins are assembled into nanoscale machinery within the cells, with
focus on organelle systems important for mechanobiology such as the integrin-based
adhesion complexes (Focal Adhesions), the actin cortex, and the
cadherin-mediated cell-cell junctions.
We have postdoctoral fellow and research assistant
position available. Please click on this link, if you are interested in joining
- Our paper on Talin as the molecular basis for Focal adhesions architecture is published in PNAS. (2015/8).
- Farewell to Teo Shijia, who's continuing her Master's at University of Strasbourg, France (2015/8).
- Find our previous Focal Adhesions/iPALM paper in Nature Methods's Nobel Chemistry 2014 Collections
- Tony gave an invited seminar at the 7th World Association of Chinese Biomedical Engineer, U-Town, NUS (2015/7)
- Congratulations to Dr. Cristina Bertocchi for being selected for Oral Presentation at the Gordon Research Seminar: Cell Contact and Adhesion, Proctor Academy, NH (2015/6)
- Tony gave a Keynote seminar at the Andor Academy, SingHealth Singapore, (2015/6)
- Tony gave an invited seminar at the Superresolution Microscopy workshop, A* IMB, Singapore (2015/6)
- Warm Welcome to Christine Low from NTU, who's joining us as a summer intern (2015/5).
- Congratulations to Xia Shumin for passing the Qualifying Examination and becomes a Ph. D. candidate (2015/2)
- A collaborative study with the Zaidel-Bar lab using Superresolution Microscopy to probe the adherens junctions is now on line at Developmental Cell. (2015/1)
- Congratulations to Dr. Cristina Bertocchi for being selected for a MiniSymposium oral presentation at ASCB 2014 in Philadelphia (2014/12)
- Warm welcome to Sophie Tian, our new MBI graduate student (2014/12)
- Warm welcome to Chaw Su Thwin and Teo Shijia, our new research assistants (2014/10)
- Congratulations to Eric Betzig, Stefan Hell, and W.E. Moerner for the 2014 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for Super-resolution Microscopy! (2014/10)
- Tony’s iPALM image has been selected for
display at the ASCB exhibit, Life:Magnified, Washington Dulles airport. (2014/6-11)
- Congratulations to Zhang Zhen for
passing the Qualifying Examination and becomes a Ph. D. candidate (2014/3)
- Dr. Cristina Bertocchi has been
selected for oral presentation at APOCB 2014 at Biopolis, Singapore (2014/2)
- Congratulations to our former
intern, Ratul Chowdhury, who has just started his Ph.D. study in Chemical
Engineering at Penn State (2013/9)
- Warm welcome to Xia Shumin, our
new MBI graduate student! (2013/8)
- Yilin just completed the AQLM
Microscope Course at Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole. (2013/5)
- Warm welcome to Dr. Yukako
Nishimura (Joint Research Fellow with the Bershadsky Lab)! (2013/1)
- Warm welcome to Zhang Zhen, our
first MBI graduate student! (2013/1)
- Congratulations to Talgat for
winning 1st prize in the 4th MBI Microphotography
competition! (2012 / 9)
SG50 Celebration at MBI