Put volunteering on your calendar!
Parent Helpers are an essential part of the Co-op day. It is a rewarding and super important position, but doesn't have a lot of stress or work associated with it. Your presence and willingness are the biggest part of the commitment. And you get some down time to read or catch up on emails during classes.
Duties as follows, though very general:
1. Be on time to help shepherd students to the correct classes.
2. Monitor students during break times, being sure things are running smoothly and safely. (Use your parent judgment when things seem dicey)
3. Check the bathroom once a shift for cleanliness and to fill supplies
4. Help with classes if there is a project intense day. The teacher will let you know whats needed.
5. Sit with any student who has been "sent out" for discipline issues. And if a class gets super loud or unmanageable, sit in the class near the loudest bunch.
6. Help with set-up and clean-up depending on the shift.
7. Collect checks and forms from other parents and try to answer questions, or direct them to a teacher.
8. Watch for non-Co-op adults wandering around. Occasionally strangers cross the grounds.
9. Be there in case of an emergency.
Classes held on Mondays
First class - 8:30 to 10:00
8-10 Intermediate Science with Heather
10+ Advanced Art with Connie
6-7 Lego Math with Kina
Morning Snack Break
Second class - 10:15 to 11:45
Ages7-10 Intermediate Art with Connie
5-7 Beginning Science with Heather
11+ Lego Robotics with Kina
Third class - 12:15 to 1:45
Ages5-7 Beginning Art with Connie
11-13 Advanced Science with Heather
12+ Middle/HS Book Club w/ Mary
8-10 Lego We-do with Kina
Fourth class - 2:00 to 3:30Ages
10-12 Book Club with Mary
13+ Chemistry with Heather