Bittersweet Chocolate Ganache
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place chopped chocolate into a heat safe bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a simmer over medium heat. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for a minute then stir until smooth.
- Once smooth, add the butter one tablespoon at a time stirring until completely melted.
- Run a knife around the outside of the brownies to release from the pan then invert onto a cutting board or serving platter. Remove the parchment and pour the ganache onto the brownies, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Allow the ganache to set up before cutting (this will take a few hours at room temperature, you and speed this along by popping them into the fridge) and enjoy.