K-9 Search and Rescue Team, Inc. recognizes the valuable contribution that young adults can make to the search and rescue world by incorporating a Cadet Program, open to young adults 16-18 years of age.
Bascially, as a member of the Team, cadets:
K-9 Search and Rescue Team Inc. is asked to assist with searches all over the United States and our members are often involved in searches throughout the world. Cadets may travel to other states with the Team on searches. As part of that, some states have additional requirements that cadets must complete to be eligible to be part of a mission within that state. These additional requirements must be completed by the cadet as part of the application process, whether the cadet intends initially to be part of searches in that state or not. Below are state-dependent requirements:
- Must complete the Team application process, including all documentation and skills training;
- Must have written parent permission, and your parent(s) must attend a Team meeting to provide this;
- Must maintain a GPA above 3.0;
- Must provide a notarized waiver signed by a legal guardian and you;
- Must complete an online training module;
- Abide by all of the by-laws, policies and procedures just as any member does.
- Training as a cadet may include, but not be limited to:
- The nationally utilized Incident Command System (ICS) - this is the command structure that the Team has adopted;
- Land navigation;
- Search theory and techniques;
- Communications protocols and techniques;
- Safety in Search and Rescue (SAR).
If you are interested in the Cadet Program, additional information is available by emailing us.