To smoothly operate an organization, it's useful to document tasks and who performs these tasks. This page documents specific tasks assigned to leadership of the club.
president - Ken Gourley, KM6BKU
1. Make executive club decisions
2. Represent the club to external points of contact
3. Lead (or delegate leader of) club events and activities
4. Monitor and respond to club emails
5. Update slides for club meetings
6. Ensure presenter or activity is ready for club meetings
7. Ensure pizza will be picked up for club meetings
8. Host and lead club meetings
vice president - ANTHONY SCHLECT, KG7YTR
1. Primary coordinator of presentation for regular club meetings
2. Publish descriptions of upcoming presentation on the club’s Google calendar so that they are visible on the K7UAZ website.
3. Maintain presence at Club Events
4. Work with President/Officers to make sure there is someone at meetings where presence is required (like ARCA, Science City, etc.)
5. In absence of the President, assume the duties of the President
treasurer - ECKHART SPAULDING, KJ7CQC
1. Shows report at every meeting of any financial changes since the last meeting
2. Periodically shows larger report of financial changes (ex. revenues over the past year)
3. Writes any checks (barring exceptional circumstances)
4. Keeps record of any financial changes and updates a GNUcash file which is uploaded to the Google Drive, with an update ahead of each meeting
5. Represents the club at university grant proposals (i.e., at ASUA meetings)
6. Keeps track of members' dues statuses in the roster, and sends out emails to people confirming their dues payment, the date their next dues would be due, and for soliciting further dues at the turn of the year
station manager - CURT LAUMANN, K7ZOO
1. NET MANAGER: arrange and document standing schedule; publish schedule on the website; train new net control operators.
2. Repair or arrange to get equipment repaired.
3. Key responsibility to maintain and upgrade website.
4. Key driver of new educational projects.
5. Key driver of improvements to shack.
6. Train new members to safely and legally operate K7UAZ equipment.
7. Ensure the station is operated in compliance with FCC rules, and in alignment with ARRL best operating practices.
8. Possess a CAT Card to effectively maintain club facility.
Technology Advisor - STEVE ANDERSON, kd7spy
trustee - BRUCE BETTERLY, WA1BZQ
1. Renew the club's FCC license every 10 years.
2. Daily check on Echolink connection between the K7UAZ repeater (146.96) and WD7F repeater (146.96). Use Teamviewer to conduct this daily check.
3. Promote goodwill among club members.
4. Liaison with other clubs promoting and communicating club activities.
5. Stay in contact the Station Manager regarding club projects and station activities, assisting when able to.
6. Actively recruit new members in person and on the air.
7. Coordinate with Engineering Building administrators (Jenny / Mia) to secure the use of meeting rooms for K7UAZ club.
8. Possess a Cat Card for after-hours access to the building and shack.
9. Handle reservations for social events at restaurants especially the annual Christmas dinner.
FACULTY ADVISOR - CHRIS WALKER, k7ckw
misc tasks not assigned
1. QSL card management
2. Initial contact with potential new student members
3. Recurring recruiting of potential new student members