Dr Juan Ye (Erica)Address: Room JC1.12 Jack Cole Building, School of Computer Science, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife, UK KY16 9SXTel: (+44)01334463258Email: juan.ye AT st-andrews DOT ac DOT uk, ye.yejuan1204 AT gmail DOT com
- Run the AAL summer school at Heriot-Watt University, 6-8 August 2019.
- Leo's paper gets accepted by DSSA' 19. 26 July 2019.
- Andrea's PerCom extension paper "Representation Learning for Minority and Subtle Activities in a Smart Home Environmen" is accepted by IOS Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments on 5 July 2019.
- Our paper on "Lifelong learning in sensor-based human activity recognition" accepted by IEEE Pervasive Magazine. Apr 2019.
- Leo's paper on "Distributed self-monitoring sensor networks via Markov switching dynamic linear models" is accepted at SASO '19. April 2019.
- Attended the kickoff meeting for our InnovateUK project with Tapoly, 26 Mar 2019.
- Presented two papers at PerCom '19, Kyoto, Japan, 12 Mar 2019: Representation Learning and Multi-sound Classification.
- Gave a keynote talk at ARDUOUS: 3rd International Workshop on Annotation of useR Data for UbiquitOUs Systems (Kristina Yordanova, Adeline Paiement, Emma Tonkin), hosted at PerCom '19, Kyoto, Japan, 11 Mar 2019.
- Congratulations to Esma Mansouri Benssassi to have her paper on "Speech Emotion Recognition With Early Visual Cross-Modal Enhancement Using Spiking Neural Networks" accepted by IJCNN '19: the international conference on neural networks. 8 Mar 2019.
- Congratulations to Lei Fang to have his paper on "Discovery and recognition of emerging human activities using a hierarchical mixture of directional statistical models" accepted by IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2019.
- IEEE SMC Webinar on lifelong learning in human activity recognition. 1 Feb 2019.
- Invited talk on new emerging activity recognition at the UK-China Doctoral Academic Forum, December 2018.
- Invited talk on lifelong learning in sensor-based human activity recognition in the School of Computer Science and Mathematics. Heriot-Watt University, November 2018.
- Esma's paper on "Bio-Inspired Spiking Neural Networks for Facial Expression Recognition: Generalisation Investigation", accepted by TPNC 2018. 07 September 2018.
- Submitted the revised paper on "Lifelong learning in sensor-based human activity recognition" to IEEE Pervasive. 31 August 2018.
- Promoted to be EPSRC full review college member. 20 August 2018.
- Diversity Computing is out on ACM Interactions. August 2018.
- Thanks to Amazon to provide us AWS Cloud Credits for our research, 25th July 2018.
- Thanks to NVIDIA to provide us another GPU to support our research on lifelong learning in sensor-based human activity recognition, 23rd July 2018.
- Juan Ye. SLearn: Share learning human activity labels across multiple datasets. Submitted to PMC. June 2018.
- Lei Fang, Juan Ye and Simon Dobson. Discovery and recognition of emerging human activities by hierarchical mixture of directional statistical models. Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. June 2018.
- My paper on “SLearn: Share learning human activity labels across multiple datasets”, accepted by PerCom' 18. 2018.