The Legend of Sleepy Hollow is a story written by Washington Irving.
Do the following activities.
A) Check the information about the author and his works and do the following activities in your notebook:
1. About the author.
- When was he born?
- Where was he born?
- Where did he die?
- When did he die?
- What were his most important occupations?
- What important Spanish cities did he visit?
2. About his works.
- Write the titles of the most important books he wrote.
- Write the names of some writers who influenced him.
3. About Sleepy Hollw.
- Who are the most important characters in the story?
- Where does the story take place?
- Who is the headless horseman.
4. About the first video:
- Write down 10 words in English which describe what you watch. Ex. Headles horseman.
- What colours can you see?
5. About the second video?
- What's the teacher like?
- Can you see any examples of superstitions?
Listen to the story
You can listen to the soundtrack, too:
What about this cartoon?