I am currently a Software Engineer at Codeplay in Edinburgh, UK.
Previously I was an Intern C++ Programmer at Bohemia Interactive Simulations in Prague.
My (usually slightly out of date) CV can be found here.
Email address: j.sosnovec -at- email.cz.
My Bachelor thesis was focused on the area of combinatorial geometry. In particular, I dealt with combinatorial properties of spheres and zero sets of real polynomials and studied assumptions needed to formulate Helly-type theorems on such sets.
My research in Warwick mainly included the following:
- graph colouring
- extremal combinatorics, in particular dense graph limits
- combinatorial and computational geometry
My Master thesis was concerned with the theory of dense graph limits. A graphon is an analytic object representing a convergent sequence of large graphs. I studied finitely forcible graphons, which are graphons uniquely determined by finitely many subgraph densities. I gave a new construction generalizing a previous result.
- Czech Academy of Sciences 16/3/2018, slides
- Warwick Combinatorics Seminar 24/11/2017, slides
- CanaDAM 15/6/2017, slides
- D. Král', L. M. Lovász, J. Noel, J. Sosnovec: Finitely Forcible Graphons with an almost Arbitrary Structure. Submitted for publication. Available as https://arxiv.org/abs/1809.05973
- J. Sosnovec: A Note on Minimal Dispersion of Point Sets in the Unit Cube. European Journal of Combinatorics 69 (2018), 255-259. Available as https://arxiv.org/abs/1707.08794
- M. Konečný, S. Kučera, M. Opler, J. Sosnovec, Š. Šimsa, M. Töpfer: Squarability of Rectangle Arrangements. Proceedings of 28th Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (CCCG'16). Available as https://arxiv.org/abs/1611.07073
2016/2017 Term 1: CS260 Algorithms. Seminar groups 5 (Thursdays 15:00-16:00 in CS1.01) and 7 (Fridays 11:00-12:00 in S0.20)
2016/2017 Term 2: MA3J2 Combinatorics II. Seminar group 1 (Thursdays 17:00-18:00 in H0.58)
Some links that I find interesting
- An essay about the role of being smart in academia: http://sma.epfl.ch/~moustafa/General/onbeingsmart.pdf
- Impostor syndrome in academia: an article, wikipedia
- Why mindfulness is a superpower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6T02g5hnT4
- Headspace app: https://www.headspace.com
- Louis C. K. about sadness and happiness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HbYScltf1c
- A session about mindfulness meditation by Jon Kabat-Zinn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nwwKbM_vJc
- Informative videos about plant-based nutrition: http://nutritionfacts.org/
- Programming sucks: http://www.stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks