Attention,...JPT authors, readers, reviewers, editorial board members and associate editors,
Journal of Physical Therapy (JPT) website is back again in this page, from 1st May 2013 onwards.*
Journal of Physical Therapy (JPT) is an international peer-reviewed open-access quarterly journal dedicated to the Physical Therapy profession. The journal was started in Bangladesh, now it is comprising of an inspiring team of physical therapists in its editorial board from around the world.
JPT is now covered by Index Copernicus- IC (from 24th Feb 2010). Abstracts of all published articles of JPT (first issue onwards) will now appear in IC targeting a much larger readership and the publishing authors will now have Indexed publication credits when their articles get accepted and published in JPT.
JPT proudly endorses the new CONSORT (CONsolidated Standards Of Reporting Trials) statement-2010 and is the FIFTH journal in the field of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation to be listed among the Journal endorsers of the CONSORT 2010 statement, listed as on 07th April 2010. JPT followed the four other prestigious journals- Physical Therapy, Physical Therapy Reviews, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Physiotherapy in doing so.
JPT became a member of EQUATOR network on 8th April 2010. EQUATOR stands for Enhancing the QUAlity and Transparency Of health Research. This ensures that upcoming reporting guidelines would be adopted by JPT once they become available online in the network.
JPT is now indexed in Open Journal Systems TM , a Public Knowledge Project (PKP) initiative of University of British Columbia, Canada on 13th April 2010.
JPT is now permanently registered with International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) for its print version as ISSN 2079-0015 on 16th April 2010 and for its online version as ISSN 2079-9209 on 31st may 2010 with an abbreviated title as J. Phys. Ther. and variant title as JPT. All articles published in JPT would bear its suggested format of citation in AMA style with the said abbreviation hereafter.
JPT website is fully compliant with HONcode (HON- Health On Net) and is HONcode certified, from 23rd July 2010. The certification accredits that information provided in the JPT website is authentic, sourced, updated and accurate. JPT is the first among the physiotherapy journals in the globe, to get this certification.
JPT is now indexed in Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) on 23rd July 2010. DOAJ is the 2009 winner of SPARC outstanding achievement in scholarly communications award. DOAJ is a comprehensive indexing database of open-access journals for more than 3,500 journals. JPT is the first and only physical therapy journal which is indexed in DOAJ, next to two other Japanese journals published in English- Journal of Physical Therapy Science and Journal of Japanese Physical Therapy Association.
JPT is now indexed in OpenJGate, a database of more than 7,500 open-access scholarly journals on 6th August 2010.
JPT is now indexed in ScopeMed, an open-access peer-reviewed journal database.
JPT encourages publication of "state-of-the-art" literature in physical therapy in a "never-seen-before" manner in open-access free-of-cost publishing which leads to widespread unlimited dissemination of therapeutic evidence to improve physical therapy and rehabilitation practice, research and education methods.
Unique technical features of full text (pdf) articles published in JPT:
- All articles have unique Website File Identification Number (WFIN) which upon publication is an extension of the article editorial reference number with details of volume, issue and pages. E.g., An article’s WFIN is JPT-2010-ERN-102-1(1)-11-24. WFINs are searchable through google in JPT website. This enables access to published articles even after they are moved or edited or archived. WFIN of an article will appear in the article itself under article history tab before references section. WFINs will be the filename of pdf articles published as electronic version.
- All articles are web links enabled. Users can directly connect to internet by clicking on the links in the references or in the text.
- All articles are reference-link enabled. All superscripted reference numbers when clicked will directly lead the user to the article citation in the references section.
- All articles’ authors’ affiliations and contact information can be accessed by clicking on their names’ superscript indicators. Corresponding author’s information can be accessed by clicking on his name.
- All articles are figure- and table- link enabled. All indicated figure(s) and/or table(s) in the text when clicked will lead to the table or figure directly.
- Key points for each of the published articles with implications for Physical Therapy professional development (past, present and future). Past- information already existing on the topic of article; present- information what the article aimed to provide; future- information what the article has implication for future decision-making and plan of action.
- Clicking the key points on the first page of the articles will lead the user to the key points section at the end of the references.
- Clicking on J Phys Ther. anywhere in any of the articles will connect the user to the journal website- home page.
Pl note: The pdf files and their above mentioned added features were created with Adobe Acrobat 8.0.1 Professional software. The file features are available to the reader with operating system- Windows 2000/XP, and has installed software Adobe reader 5.0 or later.
You can download Adobe reader latest version for free here;
Any comments, queries or suggestions related to this page or this website may be directed to the site webmaster below:
Senthil P Kumar, PT., PhD.,
Founding Chief editor- Journal of Physical Therapy (JPT),
Professor and Principal,
Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation (MMIPR),
Maharishi Markandeshwar University (MMU),
Mullana-Ambala, Haryana, India.