- Name: Jozef Babjak
- Date of birth: February 7, 1980
- Nationality: Slovak
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have a great over all experience in ICT with 11 years experience in working in customer projects, mainly in area of software development for ICT, financial companies, mobile devices and big data processing. I have more than 13 years experience in Java programming, with a strong emphasis on best practices, infrastructure, robust design, testing, security and quality assurance. I'm also familiar with ITIL, CMMI and agile development; anyway, I still remember projects executed flawlessly by the waterfall methodology.
I worked as external consultant auditing infrastructure and services for Slovak Telecom and as a security consultant for Telia Sonera in Finland. As a Java developer I worked on several projects for Nokia and Vertu - of course there are other customers, but I do not have a permission to mention them publicly. I also worked abroad, in Finland, United Kingdom, South Korea and USA. I worked on project ranging from embedded (J2ME applications and Android Framework internals) through standalone (including parallel & distributed computing and scientific research) to enterprise (including big data technologies). I also did code reviews and other quality assurance tasks, including security penetration testing. I developed own code reviews and quality assurance techniques and tools.
Additionally I worked in scientific projects using artificial intelligence approaches to problem solving with applications in machinery and industrial structures safety. As a side effect of this work, I also became an open source contributor to JavaSimon and JChord projects and started own open source project JavaGems.
- 1998 - 2003: Technical university of Košice, Faculty of Cybernetic and Artificial Intelligence
- 1994 - Grammar school in Banská Štiavnica
- approaches and algorithms from artificial intelligence domain
- methodologies of software specifications reviews and software testing
- software development and acquisition, requirements analysis, SWOT analysis
- use cases and test cases design
- IT Service Management according to ITIL best practices
- software development according to CMMI best practices
- agile software methods according to Unified Process and SCRUM
- ITIL Foundations for IT Service Management (by HP)
- Administration of WebSphere Application Server 6 (by IBM)
- Sun Java Composite Application Platform Suite (by Sun Microsystems)
- CSM Certified Scrum Master (led by Jeff Shuterland and Jens Østergaard)
- Leadership training (by dynargie)
- Spring framework (by CDE)
- UNIX and UNIX-like operation systems, mostly FreeBSD, Solaris and Linux
- Java Platform in general, Object-oriented design, design patterns
- strong skils in J2SE and J2ME, basic skils in J2EE and Android
- relational databases, mostly EnterpriseDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle & Actian Vector
- non-relational databases, mostly MongoDB and a few graph databases
- big data technologies, mostly Pervasive DataRush
- network technologies
- XML, XHTML, CSS
- basics of C, C++, Prolog a Lisp
2015 - ...: Global Logic
- Solution architect, whatever it means. :-)
2012 - 2015: Ness KDC
- Master-to-master GIT repositories replication (invention, design, implementation & deployment)
- Advanced data access services for NoSQL database (design & implementation)
- Liferay Portal integration (design & implementation)
- Data processing knowledge management (architecture, design & implementation)
- Big data processing platform (architecture, design & implementation)
- Advanced content caching solutions (architecture, design & implementation)
2007 - 2012: IXONOS Slovakia
- SW designer, Java developer, QA specialist
- Sales support, SW analyst
- Security analyst
2005 - 2008: IBOK, a.s.:
- Within a R&D project propose and execute analysis of the potential relation between the fracture toughness and tensile properties of selected steels by means of artificial neural network; see my publications below for more information.
- customer consultations, sw requirements analysis, test cases design
- testing of Java applications
- implementing development best practicies
- application deployment
- project evaluation from Capability Maturity Model point of view
- infratsturctural services providing: intranet, bug-tracking, VCS, development environment
- English - upper intermediate
- Slovak - native speaker
- driver license (A, B, C and T categories in Slovakia)
Babjak, J., Palko, M.: Strategies for Improving Performance of SOMA (in English). In Kelemen, J., Kvasnička, V. (editors): Cognition and Artificial Life III, Stará Lesná, Slovak Republic, 2003.
Babjak, J., Palko, M.: Simulátor kolónie rias ladený optimalizačným algoritmom SOMA (in Slovak). In Kelemen, J., Kvasnička, V. (editors): Cognition and Artificial Life IV, Hradec nad Moravicí, Czech Republic, 2004, pp. 45-54, ISBN 80-7248-232-7.
Babjak, J.: A biological model optimized by new strategies of SOMA (in English). In International Conference ISCAM 2004, Bratislava, Slovak Republic, 2004. Published in Journal of Electrical Engineering, vol. 56, No. 7-8 (2005), pp. 56-59, ISSN 1335-3632.
Babjak, J., Kvasnička, V.: Znovuobjavenie horolezeckého algoritmu s učením (in Slovak). In Kelemen, J., Kvasnička, V. (editors): Cognition and Artificial Life V, Smolenice, Slovak Republic, 2005.
Babjak, J.: Vyhodnocovanie modelov na predikciu časových radov (in Slovak). In Kelemen, J., Kvasnička, V. (editors): Cognition and Artificial Life VI, Třešť, Czech Republic, 2006, pp. 37-40.