52nd Jamboree On The Air / 13th Jamboree On The Internet
17-18 October 2009
JOTA-JOTI GLOBAL REGISTRATION AND WEBLOGS NOW OPEN
Please register your Group's participation in JOTA and JOTI at a global facility set up by the team at www.joti.org with support of the Radio Scouting team and ScoutLink.
BENEFITS OF REGISTERING
- Access to the Contact Database so you can search for people to contact.
- JOTA-JOTI Validation Cards.
- Participation Certificates.
- Weblog – make your own JOTA-JOTI weblog to share your experience with others (intended for Groups, not individuals).
email addresses are available for the JOTA-JOTI weekend. This safety
feature saves you having to give out your personal email address.
Scout/Group registering get their JOTA-JOTI DB "user name" as a
registered nickname on ScoutLink IRC servers. When connecting with
their "user name", they have to identify at ScoutLink nickserv with the
same password they used at JOTA-JOTI DB.
you already have a ScoutLink nickname it will be available to you at
the JOTA-JOTI registration – you can use your ScoutLink nick and
password to register.
- JOTA-JOTI Contacts on Google Earth
- JOTA Logbook available for download complete with participating stations database.
location of station from map. (A lot of scouts do not know how to get
the latitude/longitude of their station. Click the "Select location
from map" link during registration and an additional window with a map
will be displayed. With a simple mouse click the latitude/longitude
will then be entered.)
- Scouts Australia can use the registration numbers for reporting on JOTA-JOTI.
HOW TO REGISTER
and follow the instructions. If you are already registered with
ScoutLink, you still have to register at JOTA-JOTI, but you use your SL
nickname and password – it has been reserved for you. Registration
opens a few weeks before JOTA-JOTI.
JOTA STATION REGISTRATION
JOTA participants can register their JOTA station at the www.jotajoti.org
database. Registered JOTA stations will be exported into a stand-alone
JOTA Radio Logbook program for Windows which has been specially
designed for JOTA. When you enter a JOTA call sign it will give you the
Group name and the location. It shows the location of the station and
your station on a map, including the distance.
** IMPORTANT ** JOTA participants must register their station EARLY to be in the JOTA Radio Logbook database.
STATE / REGIONAL ARRANGEMENTS
If your State/Regional JOTA-JOTI
arrangements require registration or log-sheet reporting, please comply
with those arrangements as well. Look out for newsletters,
announcements and website changes for this information.
The weblog is available to everyone who registers at www.jotajoti.org
as a Group. Your Weblog shows the world how good your JOTA-JOTI
activity was, so do make an effort to fill in as much of the log as you
Tips on making your weblog:
- Have your pictures ready.
Make sure they aren’t too big (there is an 8MB total limit, so downsize
your photos before you upload them).
- Have your station information to hand, including numbers attended and contacts made.
- Complete every section of the weblog - there is a set of buttons on the left for each section.
- DO THE PERSONAL INFORMATION LAST - IF YOU DO IT FIRST IT WON’T BE SAVED. Funny way to do it, but that's how it is.