The Jorgenson history traces back to Norway. The Jorgenson's and the Erlandson's were joined and from this marriage came the Jorgenson Clan in the USA.
In Date Order:
- 1829 February 26, :Johannes Jorgenson Beitavellyken born on the farm in Bedhageloken, Dover Township, Gudbrandsdal Norway
- 1842 January 12, : Birth of Ingeri Jorgensdatter Jorgenson (sister of Johannes Jorgenson) who came to the U.S.A. in 1869
- 1867 August 12, :
Johannes Jorgenson (father of Engebret) declared his arrival in the United States.
- 1868 May 26, : Departure of Ole Erlandson (father of
Elsie Marie (Erlandson) Jorgenson) from Norway to the USA at age of 22. He boarded the ship
"Pacific" and traveled from Oslo, Norway to Milwaukee, Wisconsin via
- 1869 Johannes Jorgenson lives with Kari (Engebretson) Jorgenson for two years in Rockdell Township in Olmsted county near Rochester, MN
- 1871 June 3, : Johannes Jorgenson (father of Engebret) declared his intention to become a naturalized citizen at New Ulm, Minnesota and becomes a US citizen.
- 1871 Broke Ground June 1871 Johannes moves with
Kari from Rockdell Township in Olmsted county near Rochester, MN by
covered wagon and oxen. Their first home was a sod house built on the
- 1872 September Established Residence on the Jorgenson Farm
- 1873 November 30th, : Johannes Jorgenson Beitavellyken marries Kari Engebretsdatter Rindal
- 1874 August : Birth of George J Jorgenson first of three sons to Johannes and Kari
Jorgenson (Note: George died from pneumonia)
- 1876 July 17th, : Johannes Jorgenson pays 1875 farm taxes of $3.87
- 1878 March 10, : Erland Haagenson, grandfather of Elsie Marie Erlandson, took up residence on the land in Baxter Township Lac Qui Parle County Minnesota
- 1878 November 16th, :
George J Jorgenson second of three sons to Johannes and Kari Jorgenson (Note:
Three children were born to Johannes and Kari but one child, the first George died
from pneumonia and they named their second child George also.)
- 1880 November 5th, : The Jorgenson Family Homestead was registered on November 5th, 1880 in the United States of America to Johannes Jorgenson and his wife Kari Jorgenson. Assessed and valued at$200.00
- 1882 June 10th, ; Johannes officially registers his homestead claim in Benson MN, recorded in volume 3 page 109, of Sioux Indian Lands certificate # 12218 with the General Land Office under the Public Lands Act of 1820. President Chester A Arthur signed his certificate.
- 1883 February 23, : Farm taxes paid $389.00
- 1886 June 7, : Birth of Engebret Johannes Jorgenson second of two sons to Johannes and Kari Jorgenson
- 1888 December 13, : Ole Erlandson, father of Elsie M. Erlandson, was married to Karen Lysgaarden, in the township of Baxter, Minnesota
- 1889 March 17, : Birth of Elsie Marie Erlandson, married to Engebret Johannes Jorgenson
- 1900 December 14th, : Engebret Johannes Jorgenson is confirmed at St Petri Church.
- 1904 November 6th, : Elise Marie Erlandson is confirmed at Lac Qui Parle Mission
- 1905 : Death of Johannes Jorgenson Beitavellyken born on the farm in Bedhageloken, Dover Township, Gudbrandsdal Norway
- 1909 April 14, : Wedding of Elsie M. Erlandson to Engebret Johannes Jorgenson
- 1909 April 25, : Boyd Bulletin News Paper - Mrs. Johannes Jorgenson, Kari, died at her home in Camp Release Township Sunday, April 25, following many years of sickness. She and her husband were among the early settlers of our town.
- 1909 September 15, : Birth of Jay Obert Jorgenson first son of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson
- 1911 September 4, : Birth of Kenneth Milford Jorgenson second son of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson
- 1913 September 30, : Birth of Evelyn Elvera Jorgenson first daughter of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson
- 1916 March 9, : Birth of Harlan Clayton Jorgenson third son of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson
- 1917 May 31, : Engebret J Jorgenson at age 30 with a wife and four children as dependents signs up for the World War I Draft Registration
- 1918 March 28, : Birth of Harriet Eleanor Jorgenson second daughter of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson
- 1918 September 12, : George J Jorgenson signs up for the World War I Draft Registration
- 1920 April 18, : Birth of Donald Spencer Jorgenson forth son of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson
- 1922 July 22, : Birth of Robert Warren Jorgenson fifth son of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson
- 1925 March 30, : Birth of Alton Roger Jorgenson sixth son of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson
- 1929 May 28, : Birth of Herbert Elwood Jorgenson seventh son of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson
- 1944 January 2, : Death of Staff Sergeant Donald Spencer Jorgenson US Army Air Corp died January 2, 1944 over the Marshall Islands, Pacific Ocean WWII at age 23. He left Montevideo on February 25, 1941
- 1947 January 3rd, : Elise M Jorgenson makes the first $1000.00 house payment on their new home in Montevideo at 207 North 3rd Street
March 31, : Robert Warren Jorgenson signed a contract for deed to purchase the
farm from Engebret J Jorgenson.
- 1968 February 4, : Death of Elsie M. Jorgenson, age 78 wife of Engebret J. Jorgenson
- 1977 March 19, : Death of Jay Obert Jorgenson, age 67 first son of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson
- 1982 February 6, : Death of Evelyn Elvera Jorgenson, age 68 first daughter of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson
- 1995 May 22, : Death of Kenneth Milford Jorgenson, age 83 second son of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson
- 2010 October 3, : Death of Harlan Clayton Jorgenson, age 94 third son of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson
- 2011 August 26, : Death of Robert Warren Jorgenson, age 89 fifth son of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson
- 2012 January 11, : Death of Alton Roger Jorgenson, age 86 forth son of Engebret and Elise Jorgenson