- Scientific Programming Using Maxima. Glasstree Publishing, Raleigh, N. C., 2016.
- Knots, Molecules, and the Universe: An Introduction to Topology, with Erica Flappan et al. American Mathematical Society, Providence, R. I., 2016.
- A Mathematical Tour of Functions. Lulu Publishing, Raleigh, N.C., 2010. Second edition, 2011. Third edition, 2013.
- Physical and Numerical Models in Knot Theory Including Applications to the Life Sciences, with Kenneth C. Millett, Eric J. Rawdon, and Andrzej Stasiak (editors). Series on Knots and Everything, vol. 36, World Scientific, Singapore, 2005.
- Physical Knots: Knotting, Linking, and Folding Geometric Objects in R3, with Kenneth C. Millett and Eric J. Rawdon (editors). Contemporary Mathematics, vol. 304, American Mathematical Society, Providence, R.I., 2002.
- Geometric Knot Theory: The Classification of Spatial Polygons With a Small Number of Edges. Ph.D. Dissertation (thesis advisor: Kenneth C. Millett), University of California, Santa Barbara, 1998.