"With the means of almost instantaneous communication of intelligence between the most distant points of the country, and simultaneously between any given number of intermediate points which this invention contemplates, space will be, to all practical purposes of information, completely annihilated... The citizen will be invested with, and reduce to daily and familiar use, an approach to the HIGH ATTRIBUTE OF UBIQUITY, in a degree that the human mind, until recently, has hardly dared to contemplate seriously as belonging to human agency, from an instinctive feeling of religious reverence and reserve on a power of such awful grandeur."
| Commerce Committee of the US House of
Representatives, evaluation of Samuel Morse's telegraph, 1838
[work in progress]
Click on the link to go to each project archive
- Open Spectrum UK - "promoting access to the radio spectrum"
- Wales BSG - Wales Broadband Stakeholder Group - advisory group to the Welsh Assembly
- ABC - Access to Broadband Campaign
- Arwain - "open community wireless networking"
- News archive
Selected writings on projects
- Open Spectrum UK | Some observations on spectrum policy reform (May 2006)
- ABC Access to Broadband Campaign | Some reflections on the ABC project (May 2006)