- PTO assists at school registration welcoming new families, and informing them of opportunities for stewardship.
-The PTO provides refreshments at our Open House just before the start of school.
- The October Family Dance is held near Halloween and is a fun family evening. Families are encouraged to wear costumes.
There is a music, food, games and students are encouraged to wear their costumes!
-PTO organizes the Christmas SCRIP for staff. Families are able to purchase SCRIP for staff/teachers in any denomination. The amount is pooled between all families, and the amount given per family is kept confidential.
This gives the staff an opportunity to purchase what they would like using SCRIP while also giving back to the school!
-The John Paul II Annual Winter Carnival is held the last Sunday of January. This serves as a great way to kick off Catholic Schools Week and reward students for raffle ticket sales!
-The school also participates in the Catholic United Financial Catholic Schools Raffle. The PTO helps promote and encourage raffle tickets sales, of which 100% stays with the school!
Raffle Ticket sales kick off in January and last through the beginning of March.
– We use Catholic Schools Week to show our appreciation for the teachers and dedicated staff of John Paul II Elementary School. Mid - week we hold a staff appreciation luncheon and give the teachers a small gift as a way to say thank you!
AVE THE DATE! Friday, April 21, 2017 - "Bids for Kids"! Mark the date and plan to join us for this awesome event to support Catholic Education in Mitchell! A joint auction event for the John Paul II PTO and the Mitchell Foundation for Catholic Education.
It will consists of dinner, entertainment, silent and live auctions, fun & games.*This event is intended for adults only.
- Each year the PTO awards a $500 Scholarship to a high school senior who is an alumnus of John Paul II School.
- PTO provides a cool snack to all students for Game Day.
-The PTO also provides a gift for each of the graduating 6th grade students, presented at their graduation banquet.
PTO also helps decorate for the graduation banquet.
- SAVE THE DATE! Friday, June 2, 2107 at Wild Oak Golf Course
Annual Golf Scramble benefiting Catholic education in Mitchell!