- PTO assists at school registration welcoming new families, and informing them of opportunities for stewardship.
-The PTO provides refreshments at our Open House just before the start of school.
– The Autumn Classic is one of two major fundraisers the PTO sponsors. It consists of dinner, entertaiment, silent and live auction. This event is intended for adults only.
- The October Dance is held near Halloween and is a fun family evening. Families are encouraged to wear costumes. There is a DJ, food, games and contests.
-PTO organizes the Christmas SCRIP for staff. Families are able to purchase SCRIP for staff/teachers in any denomination. The amount is pooled between all families, and the amount given per family is kept confidential.
This gives the staff an opportunity to purchase what they would like using SCRIP while also giving back to the school!
The John Paul II Annual Winter Carnival is held the last Sunday of January. This serves as a great way to kick off Catholic Schools Week and reward students for raffle ticket sales! Raffle Ticket sales kick off in January and last through the beginning of March. The raffle sales are the PTO's second major fundraiser of the year.
– We use Catholic Schools Week to show our appreciation for the teachers and dedicated staff of John Paul II Elementary School. Mid - week we hold a staff appreciation luncheon and give the teachers a small gift as a way to say thank you!
– Each year the PTO awards a $500 Scholarship to a high school senior who is an alumnus of John Paul II School.
- PTO provides a cool snack to all students for Game Day.
-The PTO also provides a gift for each of the graduating 6th grade students, presented at their graduation banquet.
PTO also helps decorate for the graduation banquet.