Some of the research questions we are currently exploring include:
- How can we measure inclusive and exclusive victim consciousness, and what predicts these distinct beliefs about ingroup victimization? (with Christopher Cohrs, Lucas Mazur, Andrew McNeill, Rashmi Nair, Mateusz Olechwoski, & Zsolt Peter Szabo)
- What are the underlying motivations of inclusive victim consciousness, and do these motivations differ in their focus and scope? (with Rashmi Nair, Christopher Cohrs. & Andrew McNeill)
- What are the social psychological consequences of acknowledgment and denial?
- How do media interventions based on fictional accounts of suffering affect victim beliefs and attitudes toward social change? (with Rezarta Bilali)
- What are the social psychological processes underlying resistance during genocide? (with Michal Bilewicz)
- How do stereotypes and enemy images in propaganda change over the course of genocide? (with Michal Bilewicz, Lucas Mazur, Mateusz Olechowski & Mikolaj Winiewski)
- How do people respond to identity recategorization policies in the aftermath of genocide? (with Sigrun Moss)