Computer Vision, Image and Video Processing, Video Summarisation, Human Action Recognition, Catwalk Analysis, Action Assessment.
jo.carvajal at uq dot edu dot au
Distinctions and Incentive Awards:
- University of Queensland International and Centennial Scholarships (UQI & UQCent)
- National University of Colombia Postgraduate Thesis Support (2009)
- National University of Colombia Outstanding Postgraduate Student Scholarship (2008-2009)
- NEW!!! J. Carvajal, A. Wiliem, C. Sanderson, and B. C. Lovell. "Towards Miss Universe Automatic Prediction: The Evening Gown Competition". International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2016. [project page] [preprint]
- J. Carvajal, A. Wiliem, C. Sanderson, and C. McCool, B. C. Lovell. "A Comparative Evaluation of Action Recognition Methods via Riemannian Manifolds, Fisher Vectors and GMMs: Ideal and Challenging Conditions". PAKDD, Workshop on Machine Learning for Sensory Data Analysis (MLSDA), 2016.
- J. Carvajal, C. Sanderson, C. McCool, and B. C. Lovell. "Multi-Action Segmentation and Recognition via Probabilistic Integration of Spatio-Temporal Fisher Vectors". PAKDD, Workshop on Machine Learning for Sensory Data Analysis (MLSDA), 2016.
- J. Carvajal, C. Sanderson, C. McCool, and B. C. Lovell. "Multi-Action Recognition via Stochastic Modelling of Optical Flow and Gradients". PRICAI Workshop on Machine Learning for Sensory Data Analysis (MLSDA), 2014. [pdf]. Best Paper Award
- J. Carvajal, C. McCool, and C. Sanderson. "Summarisation of Short-term and Long-Term Videos using Texture and Colour". IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), 2014. [pdf]
- S. Molina, J. Carvajal, G. Castellanos, and A. M. Alvarez. "Video Segmentation based on Multi-Kernel Learning and Feature Relevance Analysis for Object Classification". International Conference on Pattern Recognition Applications and Methods (ICPRAM), 2013. [pdf]
- J. Carvajal, A. Alvarez, and G. Castellanos. "Feature Selection by Relevance Analysis for Abandoned Object Classiﬁcation". Iberoamerican Congress on Pattern Recognition (CIARP), 2012. [pdf]
- J. Carvajal, M. Sarria, and G. Castellanos. On classification improvement by using an approximate discriminative hidden Markov model, in Rev. Fac. Ing. Univ. Antioquia, 2010. [pdf]